Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The World's Greatest Chart
The World's Greatest Chart
The second chart on the page. I love it.

http://www.religionfacts.com/jesus/messiah.htm
RE: The World's Greatest Chart
Bwahahahaha!!!
Lools like Jesus is in hot water (not that he wasn't before). Here's the kicker: if Jesus is not part of the trinity, then this contradicition is fatal to Judaism, as Reasonable_Jeff admits here.
(October 23, 2012 at 1:10 am)Darkstar Wrote: Bwahahahaha!!!
Lools like Jesus is in hot water (not that he wasn't before). Here's the kicker: if Jesus is not part of the trinity, then this contradicition is fatal to Judaism, as Reasonable_Jeff admits here.

I have a basic knowledge of Judaism, so I don't know what the explanation is in that, but I'm sure it's not something that's gone untouched or unnoticed.

Found stuff

http://www.templesinainj.org/content/ser...Sermon.pdf
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Bi...uahc.shtml

I think they have the situation under control.
Quote: Jesus will do this at the Second Coming.

You know...when I was younger I would do some of my best work at the second coming.
There is some evidence that the first Christians didn't worship Jesus as a God either.

James Dunn, a leading British New Testament scholar, writes:
Quote:In the light of such reflection and conclusion the particular question, 'Did the first Christians worship Jesus?', can be seen to be much less relevant, less important and potentially misleading. It can be answered simply, or simplistically, even dismissively, with a mainly negative answer. No, by and large the first Christians did not worship Jesus as such. Worship language and practice at times do appear in the New Testament in reference to Christ. But on the whole, there is more reserve on the subject. Christ is the subject of praise and hymn-singing, the content of early Christian worship, more than the one to whom the worship and praise is offered.

Did the First Christians Worship Jesus?: The New Testament Evidence:
http://www.amazon.com/Did-First-Chri.../dp/0664231969

At least that supports the Muslim view that Jesus was a Prophet, not God.

Big Grin
No it doesn't. (hi)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yes, it does. (hi)
It would support (granting you the large majority of this for the sake of argument), at the very most (and only after swallowing alot of unsubstantiated bullshit), that people believed that jesus was a prophet. Not that he was. People believe many strange things, wouldn't you agree?

(IOW, you still havent made it past step #1 in "supporting the Muslim view")
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I guess I should have said "agrees" or "matches" with the Muslims view of Jesus, not support it.

I can't tell you whether or not the Christians believed in unsubstantiated bullshit.
I think it's possible that Jesus performed miracles and certain things that proved his prophethood. Maybe that's why people believed in him.
It's interesting to see how the OT was misinterpreted. What's more interesting is that all the "historical" details of Jesus are perfectly justified through astrology. Take his birth in Bethlehem for example:

Wikipedia Wrote:In Christian tradition, the Star of Bethlehem, also called the Christmas Star, revealed the birth of Jesus to the magi, and later led them to Bethlehem.

The "three wise men" or "kings" are found in the belt of Orion, who point towards Sirius, or also known as the star of Bethlehem.

[Image: Sirius.JPG]

Now, why the star of Bethlehem? Well, in Hebrew, the word Bethlehem (בית לחם) means house of bread. Guess which house, or constellation, is depicted as having wheat?

[Image: virgo_main.jpg]

Virgo, or the virgin. So it "logically" follows (through a misinterpretation of prophecy about a virgin birth) that Jesus will be born in Bethlehem.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3835 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Still room on the org chart for this creep vorlon13 12 2816 January 29, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  God's Greatest Regret Cinjin 14 3035 November 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Handy chart of Gospel contradictions re: resurrection story Ryantology 34 17695 March 21, 2013 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  The Greatest Fictional War Ever JosephBowie 17 5529 November 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God? Greatest I am 33 15258 August 31, 2012 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Greatest I am
  God loves the evil ones more than the good because he is the greatest sinner. Greatest I am 8 7448 July 15, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
Question Satan's Greatest TrickS (3) reverendjeremiah 0 1611 March 5, 2011 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah