Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electoral College forecast
Electoral College forecast
Two University of Colorado professors, one from Boulder and one from Denver, have put together an Electoral College forecast model to predict who will win the 2012 presidential election and the result is bad news for Barack Obama. The model points to a Mitt Romney victory in 2012.

I doubt it but it is possible. I voted for Obama first time around and I don't want Romney but I don't want to vote for Obama again, it will just be four more years of the same, what to do , what to do

battlingmaxo
RE: Electoral College forecast
The electoral system is a fraud. It allows a state that is 50/50 to go fully one way or the other which means a candidate with less votes overall can win the election if he manages to get 51/49 in the largest states and lose the rest.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(October 24, 2012 at 9:01 pm)Polaris Wrote: The electoral system is a fraud. It allows a state that is 50/50 to go fully one way or the other which means a candidate with less votes overall can win the election if he manages to get 51/49 in the largest states and lose the rest.
I wouldn't worry too much about individual forecasts like those. I've seen electoral maps that show Obama has far many more paths to 270 than Romney.
All the bookies still give Obama a large lead, and although it has shrunk in the last month, only a tiny tiny bit. And the bookies have only been wrong once in over 100 years. Much more accurate than polls or university studies. Their livelyhood depends o it! Wink Shades

I'm not saying Obama has 100% chance to win, just that I don't think 2 studies done by (for all we know very bias people), isn't something to get yourself worked up over.

In an Ironic twist, I've heard that it is very possible that this year Obama will win the electoral votes, while Romney wins popular vote.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(October 24, 2012 at 10:11 pm)Aroura Wrote: In an Ironic twist, I've heard that it is very possible that this year Obama will win the electoral votes, while Romney wins popular vote.

Part of me wants this to happen just because I'll really enjoy watching Limbaugh, Coulter and everyone on Fox News bitch about it 24/7 for the next four years (while conveniently ignoring the fact that this is how Dubya won in 2000 and they criticized Gore for trying to get a recount).
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition to abolish the Electoral College Foxaèr 44 1798 October 19, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Electoral College DeistPaladin 43 3087 September 21, 2020 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Mob Mentality and Electoral College eliwhitneyIII 8 659 May 11, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  A Little Electoral Justice Minimalist 10 1701 November 10, 2017 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Amarok
  End the Electoral College? chimp3 60 9108 December 8, 2016 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  History of the electoral college READ.... Brian37 20 2217 November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Will the Electoral College dump Trump? Jehanne 19 3107 November 14, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Dear American College students: Go to Germany TaraJo 12 4076 October 11, 2014 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  is college worth it anymore nintendo048 33 5015 March 16, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: nintendo048
  The Effect of College Education On the Presidential Election pocaracas 13 6167 November 10, 2012 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Justtristo