Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Electoral College dump Trump?
Will the Electoral College dump Trump?
Sounds like a slogan to me!  Is this impossible?  Hillary, after all, won the popular vote.
RE: Will the Electoral College dump Trump?
The only reason they might is to hold their establishment together. If Trump really was going to "drain the swamp" and blow up the government, they might. BUT he's already struck a reconcilitory tone, and is making deals with the insiders.

I suppose if something more about Russia having meddled is proven true?

In any case, it seems a very, very slim chance.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Well, if what the trumpsters -say- about our government is true, it's a damned certainty.  It would be a shame if it turned out not to be rigged after all, especially in light of his other campaign slogan backpedaling. Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Won't happen.

no

The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 12, 2016 at 12:33 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Sounds like a slogan to me!  Is this impossible?  Hillary, after all, won the popular vote.

They'd have nothing to lose.  As well all know, Trump supporters would not launch angry and violent protests if that happened.  Angel
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
No chance.
(November 12, 2016 at 2:05 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(November 12, 2016 at 12:33 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Sounds like a slogan to me!  Is this impossible?  Hillary, after all, won the popular vote.

They'd have nothing to lose.  As well all know, Trump supporters would not launch angry and violent protests if that happened.  Angel

I agree that the level of violence would be no greater than it is now; in fact, it would probably be less than the ongoing protests that are going to take place at least over the next few years.  What do you think that Trump's inauguration is going to be like?  Constant heckling??
If it did happen the shit would really hit the fan. I certainly don't want that for the country.

It would be more sane to wait, watch and impeach if necessary.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
if the next 2 years is a fucking disaster, the dems can take the house and senate (or rather, WILL take) and Trump will be impeached, his supreme court choices will be squelched, Hillary will be paroled from Gitmo, Obamacare will be reinstated retroactively, and the stock market will correct itself downwards 9000 points.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition to abolish the Electoral College Foxaèr 44 1746 October 19, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Electoral College DeistPaladin 43 3062 September 21, 2020 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Mob Mentality and Electoral College eliwhitneyIII 8 658 May 11, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36895 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  A Little Electoral Justice Minimalist 10 1692 November 10, 2017 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Amarok
  FOX IS GOING TO HAVE TO DUMP THIS GUY Minimalist 1 635 April 25, 2017 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3153 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  End the Electoral College? chimp3 60 9076 December 8, 2016 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  History of the electoral college READ.... Brian37 20 2215 November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas