Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man created in god's image
Man created in god's image
Why does god have nipples? I can get why god added them to women, that was a great design idea! But their existence on males is not a great design.

Similarly, why did god have a belly button?

And eyes that can only see a limited light spectrum and limited field if vision?
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – John 20:26-29
RE: Man created in god's image
(October 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm)Doubting_Thomas Wrote: Why does god have nipples? I can get why god added them to women, that was a great design idea! But their existence on males is not a great design.

Similarly, why did god have a belly button?

And eyes that can only see a limited light spectrum and limited field if vision?

Two words are used to describe how man was made: dĕmuwth which is translated to: "likeness," as a son to his father, and tselem
which means: image, likeness (of resemblance.) This is the word we translat into "Image."

As you can see no where in either of these two words is a 'clone' or photocopy implied.
Why did God give men nipples? Why the appendix? The spleen? Wisdom teeth? Why do I ejaculate a hundred million times as much sperm as I need to successfully reproduce every time I bust a nut?

You can try to blame every potential physical failure on sin if you want, but a lot of useless shit is built into the firmware. Are we built in the image of a wasteful, sloppy builder, or is my appendix part of God's Plan? Or wait, do I have an appendix as punishment for Adam and Eve eating the wrong fruits? Maybe that's it. Nice going, assholes. That shit hurts when it fucks up on you.

Or, do we just go with the truth and accept that these are parts which we no longer utilize thanks to evolution? I know, crazy.

I'm not overly fond of Drich's answer, largely because it's evasive apologia that doesn't dispose of the core problem: in what ways are we like God? Perhaps God doesn't have a brain, love and care for others, nor know what we call moral right and wrong. Perhaps we are only like God in being drinkers, womanizers and deadbeat dads (with massive kowabungas). We don't know.

However, fundamentally there is a soundness to the answer. Along the lines of Heidegger's, "there is sameness in difference, and difference in sameness," as long as we are only partly the same, that implies that we must in some ways be different. Perhaps nipples are part of that difference. Perhaps being rational rather than emotional or instinctual is a part of the difference. I doubt the answer to those questions exists inside or outside of the bible.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Man created God in Man's image. Question answered.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(October 29, 2012 at 1:12 pm)Drich Wrote: Two words are used to describe how man was made: dĕmuwth which is translated to: "likeness," as a son to his father, and tselem
which means: image, likeness (of resemblance.) This is the word we translat into "Image."

As you can see no where in either of these two words is a 'clone' or photocopy implied.
So god doesn't have nipples? Or a belly button? Where does it say that?
blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” – John 20:26-29
(October 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm)Tino Wrote: Man created God in Man's image. Question answered.

with a lot of wishfull thinking

[Image: god-penis.jpg]

[Image: v136200a.jpg]

it is easy to see how people of certain eras simply reflected their views on "human perfection" onto their "gods"
(October 29, 2012 at 1:25 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Why did God give men nipples? Why the appendix? The spleen? Wisdom teeth? Why do I ejaculate a hundred million times as much sperm as I need to successfully reproduce every time I bust a nut?

You can try to blame every potential physical failure on sin if you want, but a lot of useless shit is built into the firmware. Are we built in the image of a wasteful, sloppy builder, or is my appendix part of God's Plan? Or wait, do I have an appendix as punishment for Adam and Eve eating the wrong fruits? Maybe that's it. Nice going, assholes. That shit hurts when it fucks up on you.

Or, do we just go with the truth and accept that these are parts which we no longer utilize thanks to evolution? I know, crazy.

These questions were answered in my 'evolution thread.'

(October 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm)Doubting_Thomas Wrote:
(October 29, 2012 at 1:12 pm)Drich Wrote: Two words are used to describe how man was made: dĕmuwth which is translated to: "likeness," as a son to his father, and tselem

So god doesn't have nipples? Or a belly button? Where does it say that?

As Christ was God incarinate, and He was fully Man I would say that He had nipples and a belly button.
The only thing answered in your evolution thread was that you know fuckall about evolution.
(October 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm)Tino Wrote: Man created God in Man's image. Question answered.

Not in my image. If my image was to be like the judeo-christian god, then I would most certainly have the decency to immolate myself before any such image of me could be made and be inflicted upon the world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Image of Guadalupe Fake Messiah 15 1136 September 2, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1751 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6068 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Russian man on trial for 'no God' comment in internet chat zebo-the-fat 20 3080 March 3, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Man created god Foxaèr 10 3586 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 14800 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Energy created nor destroyed. uniquepegasister 63 10646 August 9, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Why kill a child made in God’s image?" Strider 54 7723 December 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Was Jesus a God or a man? Rogue 272 34352 October 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Well Rounded Rectangle
  Only man is fit to be God. Greatest I am 60 9121 August 31, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am