Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too soon for Obama to stump?
Is it too soon for Obama to stump?
While Cristie's "I don't give a damn about politics" and standing behind Obama and praising Obama does help. I fear this return to the stump could be used agains him.

The absurdity is that his speaches are only minutes long and on his plain he still has his asvisors and contact with those affected areas, so it isnt like he wouldn't be paying attention to that, but that immagry while it shouldn't be used against him, I fear it will be.

I hope Christiies words are enough to allow him going back to stump. But it still would be hypocritical for Romney, who was stumping yesterday to bring this issue up.

The reality is that office no matter who is in office has to be in constant contact with ANY issue that may impact the country so it isn't like he isn't in touch while multi tasking.

The substance of the reality of modern technology says that he wont be dissconnected from governing this disaster, but the liars on the right may use it.

This is making me nervous as an Obama supporter. He has played this brilliantly so far but the low information voters can be and might be sold that immagry of insensitivity even when that is not the case.

He will get back on airforce 1 and take calls from NY AND NJ AND will continually delegate the resources to that area, that will not stop and it would be sick and hypocritical to use that merely to confuse or misslead voters.
RE: Is it too soon for Obama to stump?
If Obama goes right back to the stump, it will help him. Because of that, yeah, the right is going to criticize him. If it would hurt him for Obama to go right back to the stump, the Republicans woul criticize him if he stayed and gave assistance. If we're worried about what the right wing hacks of the world say, the only way Obama can do something right is if he concedes the election to Romney now.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I've enjoyed the brief respite from the election... Begging
Quote:Because of that, yeah, the right is going to criticize him.

The republicunts would criticize him if he rescued a baby from a burning building.

Fuck every last one of them. The one thing Obama does not have to ever worry about is swaying any of those racist cocksuckers into voting for him.
They'd rather have a lying mormon fuckwit than a black guy.
(November 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm)festive1 Wrote: I've enjoyed the brief respite from the election... Begging

I didn't that respite came at the cost of a storm dissrupting lives and setting the economies of those states back and left people without power or food or water.

If that storm had not hit and Obama lost that to me would still be a much better human way of looking at it. His boon from Christie's complement and rightfull governance of putting politics aside didn't matter to Obama and probably would be willing to lose if it ment the storm never happening in the first place.

I feel now that he has gone back in he is walking a very tight rope while trying to do the right thing. And he also has to win to to continue that help because Romney, with everything he has said puppeting the base which would leave those victims worse off, cant afford to lose.

So while Christiie did the right thing at the moment, it is hard for me not to believe that Romney will still politicize this. Tactically speaking I do see him desperate enough to do that.
(November 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 1, 2012 at 12:48 pm)festive1 Wrote: I've enjoyed the brief respite from the election... Begging

I didn't that respite came at the cost of a storm dissrupting lives and setting the economies of those states back and left people without power or food or water.

If that storm had not hit and Obama lost that to me would still be a much better human way of looking at it. His boon from Christie's complement and rightfull governance of putting politics aside didn't matter to Obama and probably would be willing to lose if it ment the storm never happening in the first place.

I feel now that he has gone back in he is walking a very tight rope while trying to do the right thing. And he also has to win to to continue that help because Romney, with everything he has said puppeting the base which would leave those victims worse off, cant afford to lose.

So while Christiie did the right thing at the moment, it is hard for me not to believe that Romney will still politicize this. Tactically speaking I do see him desperate enough to do that.

It's still a real problem vs. created problems (ie. the abortion debate, program defunding, et al.) I like real problems with real solutions, not problems we bring up and create to avoid discussing the real problems (environmental issues, economic issues, et al.) facing our nation.
(November 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm)festive1 Wrote:
(November 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I didn't that respite came at the cost of a storm dissrupting lives and setting the economies of those states back and left people without power or food or water.

It's still a real problem vs. created problems (ie. the abortion debate, program defunding, et al.) I like real problems with real solutions, not problems we bring up and create to avoid discussing the real problems (environmental issues, economic issues, et al.) facing our nation.

Yea, it sucks that our society focuses too much on the lives of others instead of problem solving that affects all of us. But I do think that if the frequence of stuff like this is on the uptic which it seems to be I think there will be an evolutionary force of reality that will force us to problem solve and skip social issues. But it reamins to be seen if power mongers can be put in their place long enough to start that process.
(November 1, 2012 at 12:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Because of that, yeah, the right is going to criticize him.

The republicunts would criticize him if he rescued a baby from a burning building.

Fuck every last one of them. The one thing Obama does not have to ever worry about is swaying any of those racist cocksuckers into voting for him.

I take it that the anger management class isn't going well?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(November 1, 2012 at 1:19 pm)Tino Wrote:
(November 1, 2012 at 12:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The republicunts would criticize him if he rescued a baby from a burning building.

I take it that the anger management class isn't going well?

When the child in the room keeps knocking over the chess board because they dont get what they want, there is only so much the adults can take before they scream at them to knock it off. So no anger management needed. Sometime a duschebag needs to be called a dushebag.

From the drying of the Ink on the Consitution even back then the politics got nasty. But never in my 46 years have I ever seen the level of dickishness and flat out lying ever. Bush was slick and did win through misleading and twisting logic, but even as bad as a president he was, Romney has been no holds bared the worst peice of scum ever to run for office.
Quote: Romney has been no holds bared the worst peice of scum ever to run for office.

There's some pretty stiff competition.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1314 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1161 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1542 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1563 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 565 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4046 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1319 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9385 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1068 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 573 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist