Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth may not be out there
The truth may not be out there
From The Telegraph:

UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all

Quote:Declining numbers of “flying saucer” sightings and failure to establish proof of alien existence has led UFO enthusiasts to admit they might not exist after all.

David Clark, a Sheffield Hallam University academic and the UFO adviser to the National Archives, said: “The subject is dead in that no one is seeing anything evidential.

“Look at all the people who now have personal cameras. If there was something flying around that was a structured object from somewhere else, you would have thought that someone would have come up with some convincing footage by now – but they haven’t.

“The reason why nothing is going on is because of the internet. If something happens now, the internet is there to help people get to the bottom of it and find an explanation.

“Before then, you had to send letters to people, who wouldn’t respond and you got this element of mystery and secrecy that means things were not explained.

“The classic cases like Roswell and Rendlesham are only classic cases because they were not investigated properly at the time.”

That bit about lack of evidence is particularly interesting, not to mention ominous for a similar subject I could mention. If people can wake up to this sort of thing in one area, it ought to hold for other areas just as well.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: The truth may not be out there
I'm shocked...
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Mulder is unamused.
Mulder would blame it on the Conspiracy.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Even Mulder gave up when the evidence was overwhelmingly not in his favor.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Fuckin quitter.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Especially as we know that in his world, this stuff really exists.
[Image: a2956081aefa9c38bd0a8ffd8dd32de9.jpg]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
They've developed stealth UFOS!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:If people can wake up to this sort of thing in one area, it ought to hold for other areas just as well.

Judging by the decline in religion I would say they have made the connection AND the internet is the primary weapon there, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is "My Truth"? brewer 26 1171 December 19, 2021 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  this may be it! Drich 64 5021 April 24, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: no one
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 794 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  This may be farewell. Gawdzilla Sama 49 2191 May 7, 2019 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 953 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Truth Edwardo Piet 7 1761 April 3, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheism may be contributing to my social isolation Alexmahone 10 1607 March 17, 2018 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  May I be the first to wish you a safe and happy... Gawdzilla Sama 0 523 January 1, 2018 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If Trump, Teresa May and Nigel Farage caught fire... Cyberman 7 2985 August 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 28732 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude