Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Apologists Arguments Aren't Amazing
Apologists Arguments Aren't Amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozos1_rxD...e=youtu.be
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Apologists Arguments Aren't Amazing
Neat trick.
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
Alliterative antagonistic assertions always amaze!
I've watched this several times now just to see how he does it. I've spotted that when he deals out the cards into the two sets, face up and face down, he presents the top card twice; first with the left hand, replaces it, then with the right as he reveals the other cards, suggesting that there are four when he only shows three. Beyond that, I'm entertainingly stumped. Maybe we ought to start worshipping him, on the grounds that "I don't know how it's done - therefore God"?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 19, 2012 at 4:59 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I've watched this several times now just to see how he does it. I've spotted that when he deals out the cards into the two sets, face up and face down, he presents the top card twice; first with the left hand, replaces it, then with the right as he reveals the other cards, suggesting that there are four when he only shows three. Beyond that, I'm entertainingly stumped. Maybe we ought to start worshipping him, on the grounds that "I don't know how it's done - therefore God"?

That does seem to be enough for the run-of-the-mill theist, doesn't it?
Waaay ahead of you guys. *has donned a robin's egg-blue t-shirt and has shaved his head*
(November 19, 2012 at 4:53 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Alliterative antagonistic assertions always amaze!

You sir, have rendered my reply redundant.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 697 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15897 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Arguments against Soul FlatAssembler 327 23719 February 20, 2020 at 11:28 am
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3425 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Arguments Against Creator God GrandizerII 77 19033 November 16, 2019 at 9:38 am
  Arguments against existence of God. Mystic 336 78279 December 7, 2018 at 1:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 12156 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3970 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Best Theistic Arguments ShirkahnW 251 51033 July 8, 2018 at 12:13 am
  My 2004 Ford C-max can do amazing things I_am_not_mafia 21 3177 March 16, 2018 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance