Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Prayed Today...
So I Prayed Today...
And I was answered!!!
I'm a total convert!
I had to run an errand in downtown DC, which took me over an hour to get to in the cold rain. By the time I was approaching my destination I really had to pee, like bladder bursting need to pee. So I prayed to the Parking Gods. I said, "Please, Parking Gods, pretty please, let me find street parking close by so I can go pee and not wet myself!"
Lo and behold, my prayer was answered! I not only found convenient street parking on my first turn around the block, but it was also zoned 2 hour parking without needing to plug a meter!
There you have it, irrefutable proof that the Parking Gods exist and answer prayers!
Moral of the story: The Parking Gods love ME!!!!
RE: So I Prayed Today...
That wasn't the Parking Gods helping you out. It was the Traffic Jam Devils deceiving you. The righteousness of the parking gods will not allow them to help humans with parking, so the devils answered your prayer to confuse your understanding of the parking gods.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Not convinced. It was the Parking Gods... Can't prove it wasn't Big Grin
Whats all this bullshit? It was clearly Toilet God facilitating your desire to make an offering. Parking gods and devils....utter bullshit, there is only one true god, and it's made of porcelain. Toilet god, being a benevolent god, understands our inability to comprehend the mystery that Toilet God is, and therefore answers our prayers regardless of what we may mistakenly address them to.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm)festive1 Wrote: Not convinced. It was the Parking Gods... Can't prove it wasn't Big Grin

How do you know it wasn't a Parking demon deceiving you?
“The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false.”
Ohhh... I totally forgot about the Porcelain Goddess... and she is a goddess, not a god.
It is there, in the porcelain throne, that I truly feel human.
(November 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Whats all this bullshit? It was clearly Toilet God facilitating your desire to make an offering. Parking gods and devils....utter bullshit, there is only one true god, and it's made of porcelain. Toilet god, being a benevolent god, understands our inability to comprehend the mystery that Toilet God is, and therefore answers our prayers regardless of what we may mistakenly address them to.

That's silly. Toilet god cannot possibly exist. He's Santa for adults. Parking gods are necessary beings and must exist.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(November 27, 2012 at 12:26 pm)Faith No More Wrote: That's silly. Toilet god cannot possibly exist. He's Santa for adults. Parking gods are necessary beings and must exist.

That is because you are angry at toilet gods Big Grin
Are you guys going down one of those "my god is better than yours"?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Somebody came up to me offering to pray for me today ReptilianPeon 57 6776 October 8, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2419 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  So today at the bank................ Brian37 72 11620 March 15, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Banned
  Looks like there might be Mormons ambushing people shoppers today... ReptilianPeon 23 3260 February 3, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Two Mormons knocked on my door today vodkafan 10 2817 June 2, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Today, I disowned my fundamentalist christian uncle. bluemonday 24 6428 March 1, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  How much chance is there that i can get prayed for like this in USA Ronga 2 977 November 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  Are the Churches Incorrigible? Are They Any Better Today? Michael Schubert 7 3540 July 27, 2013 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Walking Void
  Creation wasn't 6,015 years ago. It is TODAY! Rokcet Scientist 20 7122 November 30, 2011 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Today's win-moment Kayenneh 5 2896 June 30, 2011 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Kayenneh