Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Physics of Guinness
The Physics of Guinness
A science class I could use a lot more of.

I love the Irish.

http://io9.com/5965969/the-physics-of-gu...-delicious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...NBTygWcy0s

Quote:The super-hearty dry stout has an appearance, taste and texture unique among beers - and all beverages, really - so I think it's cool to hear about the physics and chemistry that make it such. If nothing else, bookmark this video so the next time you have a weekend-long Guinness bender, you can tell people it's "research."
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: The Physics of Guinness
edit, I posted some pictures but they came out hugggggee.
There's an Irishman I know who's quite fond of me and is constantly trying to convince me I should go to Ireland with him. I just don't know that I'd actually see Ireland if I did. I've always wanted to go, however, from the earliest age I can remember seeing pictures of it.
There's no greater place to enjoy Irish culture than in pubs, everybody is there. Young and old. Also, the landscape is magnificent. O summer, take his offer if you can afford it!
I will in the next couple of years, that's for damn sure! Ireland, Scotland, and England. Some how, some way. It will probably require me getting a higher paying job, as every time I start to save up some money for England something happens and my savings get spent on things (like the car, hospital bills, blah blah) but I am bound and determined!
Hehehe, I was watching this just a couple days back...get out of my miiiiind!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Never, Irish. Wink
It is also an inspiration for the arts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Yyhof5hho

Or same poem with the Dubliners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwLB2Vei6tE

Flan O'brian, and 'a Pint of Plain' true Inspiration!
(December 5, 2012 at 9:14 pm)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: There's no greater place to enjoy Irish culture than in pubs

Yep and at half past eleven, just when you start to get thirsty they kick you out ....
"Jesus is like an unpaid babysitter "
R. Gervais
Lots of myths about stout (and D'Oirish).

Bowes on Fleet St. used to have a notice up stating that patrons would have to wait 10 minutes for a pint of stout to be served.

Nowadays, in Dublin, the pints are just lashed out. 

Keep away from the "touristy" areas (e.g. Temple Bar).

A nice pint can be had @:

Bowes
The Royal Oak
Mulligans
Davy Byrnes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physics Puzzle onlinebiker 32 1999 July 21, 2020 at 4:07 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Physics questions ignoramus 21 1859 May 9, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Quantum Physics Craziness! LadyForCamus 19 1812 October 12, 2017 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Does Physics now have a complete description of Nature? Jehanne 32 4360 April 10, 2017 at 11:14 am
Last Post: dyresand
  I have a layman's theory about quantum physics "spookiness" Won2blv 15 2691 March 5, 2017 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Won2blv
  SMASH Theory Claims to Solve 5 Major Questions of Physics AFTT47 0 1229 February 20, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Physics Nobel 2016 Alex K 8 1902 October 4, 2016 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Physics questions about light bennyboy 10 2526 September 20, 2016 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Question Do we really have the “jewel” of physics? theBorg 5 1865 September 19, 2016 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Why Does Quantum Physics Make Scientistss Uncomfortable? Rhondazvous 12 2355 August 12, 2016 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Alex K