Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
Open letter to any new Christians starting threads in this forum:

Please do not present any of the following arguments and think you're offering us anything new or even anything that atheists haven't heard and debunked a million times already. Many of us are ex-Christians and even those who aren't are still savvy enough that we've heard all the endlessly recycled, canned apologetic arguments. If you do offer these arguments, do not expect anything more than irritated GTFO or STFU retorts. Hearing the same tired arguments over and over gets old.

Rule of Thumb: If WL Craig, Strobel, McDowell, Habermas, Comfort or Answers in Genesis have used the argument you're about to post, we've heard it already.

Among the specific arguments we've already heard include but are not limited to:
  • "Without (my) God, there can be no morals"
  • "The universe can't come from nothing"
  • "What about Josephus and Tacitus? They mentioned Jesus."
  • "Why would the disciples have died for a lie?"
  • "The Gospels are reliable historical documents, written by eye-witness accounts."
  • The Ontological Argument
  • The Teleological Argument
  • The Transcendental Argument
  • The Moral Argument
  • Pascal's Wager
  • The Presuppositionalist Argument
  • "Where do you get your sense of meaning without God?"
  • "Hitler was an atheist!"
  • "Stalin was an atheist!"

Please feel free to add to the list.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already
Well said, D-P.

Of course, they never think you are talking to them.
Hey, anyone heard the word of the lord today? Angel

Just checking.
Popcorn
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
It's not frequent on this site because the theists are generally well-educated, but what about: "If evolution is true, why are there still monkeys?"
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

[Image: nFMaNyo.jpg]
(June 3, 2013 at 8:16 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: It's not frequent on this site because the theists are generally well-educated, but what about: "If evolution is true, why are there still monkeys?"

That's been done here before, actually.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm done with A/S/K too.
Oh but Festive, you haven't even begun to A/S/K...how could you possibly be done...lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 3, 2013 at 8:32 pm)festive1 Wrote: I'm done with A/S/K too.

Tell them to try KMA!

(June 3, 2013 at 8:27 pm)Rayaan Wrote: [Image: nFMaNyo.jpg]

[Image: cat-meme-3.png?w=458]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7772 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15217 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 9727 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31175 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4125 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Creatards are Idiots. We Already Know That. Minimalist 19 3742 February 25, 2016 at 5:38 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51117 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29216 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6628 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 2942 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman