Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I was a Christian they used this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to:
When I was a Christian they used this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to:
When I was a Christian they would use this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to. Fast forward to 1:27 on the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...lqOvhlJnSE
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: When I was a Christian they used this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to:
I asked God...and went searching for your answer. Here's the FIRST message I found..... also @ 1:27.

It's a Beautiful Day! You just can't/won't see it.
Quis ut Deus?
RE: When I was a Christian they used this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to:
(December 16, 2012 at 8:14 pm)ronedee Wrote: I asked God...and went searching for your answer. Here's the FIRST message I found..... also @ 1:27.

Wait, so YouTube search is God?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
At least youtube exists, as far as gods go that's a massive step in the right direction.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 16, 2012 at 8:14 pm)ronedee Wrote: It's a Beautiful Day! You just can't/won't see it.

Youtube has more answers, it's like an oracle.

1:27 and on is about scientific miracles. The whole song is recommendable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHvVYYpkyXY
(December 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:
(December 16, 2012 at 8:14 pm)ronedee Wrote: I asked God...and went searching for your answer. Here's the FIRST message I found..... also @ 1:27.

Wait, so YouTube search is God?

God is everywhere my follicle challenged friend!
Quis ut Deus?
(December 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm)ronedee Wrote:
(December 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Wait, so YouTube search is God?

God is everywhere my follicle challenged friend!

[Image: dq8Zm.jpg]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
LOL! Yes he is .....See Him there?!ROFLOL
Quis ut Deus?
At the least in the cartoon god shows himself.
What always bothered me about this reason for a lack of miracles in the modern age was how odd it sounded. Why did humans have to invent their own way out of their problems. Leprosy? Hey god we don't need you anymore we've got drugs for that. Why didn't god give this information earlier? If god wants us to be dependent on him then why would he allow us to create things that would make us less dependent on him? What's so new and special about our time?
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18530 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1210 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2276 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 1936 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88835 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1656 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  California church leaders 'used homeless as forced labour' zebo-the-fat 7 966 September 12, 2019 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1981 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3913 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5383 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A