Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the arab peninsular once ruled by a christian kingdom?
Was the arab peninsular once ruled by a christian kingdom?
Might be interesting for those who are interested in history and the history of religion.

This article is about a recent find in Yemen:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/worl...74048.html
RE: Was the arab peninsular once ruled by a christian kingdom?
I'm skeptical about this one. If there was a large christian following at that time in arabia, I'm sure there'd be more than just one random relief as evidence.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Given how weak and persecuted Christianity was before Constantine, I doubt that there was such a Christian empire. The people in Arabia, especially those who traded in frankincense (I forget what the civilization was called) borrowed heavily from different cultures they traded with such as the Greeks and the Romans. If such a depiction is Christian in origin, they may have just met Christians and liked their architecture.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I see this as reading much into not a lot.

At the time mohammed was supposed to live the restrictions on the art in Islam had not been fully resolved.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm)Polaris Wrote: Given how weak and persecuted Christianity was before Constantine, I doubt that there was such a Christian empire. The people in Arabia, especially those who traded in frankincense (I forget what the civilization was called) borrowed heavily from different cultures they traded with such as the Greeks and the Romans. If such a depiction is Christian in origin, they may have just met Christians and liked their architecture.

What architecture....lol?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
When Mohamed paid respects to the passing funeral entourage of a christian, where do you think he was? Of course there where many christians all over the middle east to India. It is partly because of the consolidation of the various denominations into catholic, and orthodox that the histories of the other denominations, like Coptic, and followers of Thomas, have to a large part been forgotten.
(December 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm)Polaris Wrote: Given how weak and persecuted Christianity was

ROFLOL
Quote:Given how weak and persecuted Christianity was before Constantine, I doubt that there was such a Christian empire.

Largely later bullshit....but the type of bullshit that xtians love to repeat.

In his book on mohammed, Robert Spencer noted coins issued by the first "islamic" conquerors bearing crosses. The real persecution, done by orthodox xtians against so-called Heretics would have had the effect of driving them out of the Eastern Roman Empire and into areas not controlled by either Rome or Parthia. Such an area was Arabia.
(December 23, 2012 at 6:20 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(December 22, 2012 at 8:03 pm)Polaris Wrote: Given how weak and persecuted Christianity was

ROFLOL

Are you laughing at your piss-poor Anglo education?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
He seems to know a shitload more than you.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/persecutions.html

Quote:The Roman Empire lasted more than a thousand years and persecuted Christians for fewer than twelve of them. The 'Christian Empire' also lasted more than a thousand years and persecuted non-Christians through all of them.

Until the early years of the 2nd century, Roman administrators were ignorant of the existence of the Christians. For a generation that followed they remained indifferent to this obscure 'Jewish' sect (and its many different factions) but, in time, this indifference gave way to contempt and then irritation.

The still marginal but growing numbers of Christians turned the misfortunes of the Roman world to their advantage. The radicals directed their energies towards frightened widows and abandoned children, towards the slave and criminal classes. Every defeat in battle, every pestilence and natural calamity, was seized upon as evidence of divine censure and retribution. With zeal and anticipation, the Christians predicted further ruin and desolation. Among the feckless peoples of the great cities, the fear of imminent judgement and the threat of eternal torment were spread like a contagion. Only by submission to Christ could the individual hope for salvation. "Babylon" would surely fall and most of humanity would perish.

Yet it was only when the empire was itself in peril that the Roman state acted violently against the enthusiasts of Christ, and only then because the obstinate prejudices of the zealots undermined desperate measures taken to defend Roman civilization.

Dare to learn, jesus-freak. Try not to be satisfied with the lies you have had shoved up your ass since birth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Arab Atheist being hunted down yragnitup 28 4456 July 4, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  The Arab World before Islamism Lebneni Murtad 25 5476 March 5, 2017 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Has anyone read: "The Arab Conquest of Eygpt" by Alfred Butler? ReptilianPeon 0 723 December 21, 2015 at 6:36 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Powerful words from Israeli-Arab reporter Lucy Aharish mralstoner 13 3296 November 3, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  United Arab Emirates wants to go to space but... ReptilianPeon 15 3771 May 12, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Prince
  Once Again.... If You Don't Like France... Minimalist 153 21490 July 11, 2014 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Brave Arab blasts ban on driving in parody. Brian37 0 1492 October 31, 2013 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Video Arab woman on Islam OnlyNatural 4 2316 January 10, 2011 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Thor