Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traditional Christmas foods and drinks?
Smile 
Traditional Christmas foods and drinks?
Does you and/or your family have any special foods/drinks you serve only on or around Christmas?

My family has had a long tradition of having orange flavored cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. It's the only day of the year we have them.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Traditional Christmas foods and drinks?
It is the only day that we drink bucks fizz at 9 in the morning. Tongue

It's obviously beer every other day...
Cunt
Bacon-wrapped dates. I had them at a Spanish bar in Washington D.C. (year-round on the menu) and decided I liked them so much, I wanted to make them a Christmas staple. My co-workers also liked them when I brought them in for the potluck two weeks back.

Also peppermint bark....curses that it is sold out.

Also we serve this nasty-ass green jello....kind of milky.

Also, there is beer from the Coronado Brewing Company (located near Downtown San Diego) called the Islander IPA which is so heavily hopped that it tastes like Christmas in your mouth....like if you were drinking a garland or wreath....have that on the 24th usually.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
bought a carp (der Karpfen), not sure how it is prepared and with what, since I have never prepared a carp before.
So I will have to stick to the cookbook.

Last year I cooked some quails.
Bourbon, and...um.....bourbon.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My mom always makes Chex mix. Good stuff.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 710 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 854 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 719 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 751 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2907 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1717 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 351 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 803 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 476 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
  Merry Christmas you old otter you no one 3 1054 December 7, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah