Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the dollar
The end of the dollar
I was watching this video and It seems viable and makes sense for why the USA went into Iraq. Your thoughts or is it more BS.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: The end of the dollar
Let me point out that collapse doesn't mean "end of". The USD has taken a huge hit since 2008, I believe you'll find the currency is worth around 80% or so of what it was before 2008. I'm not an economist, so I don't pretend to know the exact figure, I'll post back after finishing the video!
Okay, firstly did you see the USD collapse in 2012? ROFL.

Secondly, a lot of countries have already moved to the EURO for petrol - I have no idea exactly how much trade it is, but it's certainly a decent amount and it hasn't seemed to have affected the USD.

Thirdly there are multiple ways in which the USD can potentially "collapse", and I do see it as insolvent, so I believe a collapse is inevitable. The collapse will, of course, result in slowing the world economy. The USA will become a third world country, and will happen within our lifetimes. The idea that China has anything to gain if this happens as alluded to in the video is rubbish, they will be one of the hardest hit as the USA is one of their major importers and also they hold a lot of US Treasury Bonds.

Finally, the guy in the video seems to think his audience are dumb and will lap up whatever bullshit he says. He clearly talks about hyperinflation as if it can only happen if a certain event takes place, this is rubbish. The USA will face hyperinflation when their economy collapses, there's no ifs or buts about it, and it has nothing to do with what event triggers it. The USA needs to cut public spending radically and give a radical rise to taxes to have any chance of a viable future, until that happens the world will look on as these fiscal liberals continue fucking their already fucked economy and raping their future generations so that they can live in obscene luxury in the present.
Hint: If a video is labelled with the words "shocking truth", "what the [media/government] aren't telling you", or other conspiracy related words, the chances are...it's mostly bullshit.
Now IF we are looking at the devaluing of the American Dollar due to the current financial difficulties in that country....

Well, that is a whole different ball game. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
There is a smidgen of truth in the video, but economics is too complex that a single factor can be used to tell the whole story, yes the dollar has a vulnerability, but on the other hand it is also hard to see which currency would replace it, this is one of those cases where you don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the other people running away from the bear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trucker Protest - End all COVID Mandates Now HappySkeptic 44 1889 February 23, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 414 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1096 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  The End Of the Pathologization Of Intersex Amarok 1 462 July 7, 2019 at 4:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump Claims He Can Use Executive Order to End Birthright Citizenship Seraphina 43 3108 November 2, 2018 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How will the Trump Presidency end? (Poll) TheBeardedDude 55 14664 October 18, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Alan V
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1346 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9075 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The End Is Nigh - Trump DarkerEnergy 12 3554 June 13, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Lets end the great weed debate dyresand 21 3704 April 28, 2017 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89