Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Jillette on atheism: End religion, don't replace it
Penn Jillette on atheism: End religion, don't replace it
The ever-witty magician and host of Bullshit! makes a not-so-subtle jab at Atheism+ and people who want to make atheism into its own belief system:
Link

Quote:Atheism is the absence of religion. We don’t really need atheism. We just need to get rid of religion.
RE: Sean Penn on atheism: End religion, don't replace it
I have to agree that we do NOT NEED to replace religion with atheism. IF religion is non-existent then atheism will be too
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
He is my favorite actor.

just saying.
I didnt even know that he was atheist until know, I just love his performances in Milk, Mystic River and other films.
Erhm.. Sean Penn is an actor, Penn Jilette is the magician. Slight difference there Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Poor GTGAC

There IS a language issue here I am thinking.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I misread

now you know my favorite actor.

Penn jilette? only know that he does magic tricks and I didnt like his show "bullshit"

wait? the title of the thread???????????
*points to the heading of this thread

Anyhoo, Penn Jilette is smart, I concur with his sentiment.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Here ya go TGAC

[Image: 68417_421900637890129_341538711_n.jpg]

Full wiki details : -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_Jillette
RE: Penn Jillette on atheism: End religion, don't replace it
Yyyeahhh I typed the wrong name. XD I changed it now, though.
RE: Penn Jillette on atheism: End religion, don't replace it
Really TGAC...type in Penn & Teller into Youtube.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4956 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Wink Religion vs Atheism! Bwahahahahahahahah MadJW 146 11391 November 5, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4233 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3458 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4170 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 24764 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8682 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6525 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 5961 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8569 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas