Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Etch A Sketch inventor dies.
Etch A Sketch inventor dies.
Google it, sure you can find tons of stories on it. I hated the damned thing, admittedly because I sucked at it. But it was/is a popular toy.

It's inventor has passed away.
RE: Etch A Sketch inventor dies.
i used to just draw a solid square which would remove the silver stuff on the screen so i could see inside at how it works

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Dibs on shaking the coffin. He might come back to life.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
The strange thing is, Etch-A-Sketches are among those things I never thought of as actually having an inventor, though obviously they must have done. It's hard to imagine someone coming up with idea in the first place, let alone putting in the hours perfecting it.

(February 3, 2013 at 8:28 am)paulpablo Wrote: i used to just draw a solid square which would remove the silver stuff on the screen so i could see inside at how it works

Yeah, me too! Just about the only thing I can do with the things actually.

(February 3, 2013 at 6:53 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Dibs on shaking the coffin. He might come back to life.

Damn, you read my mind you sod! Still, inevitable, I suppose. Here, have a cartoon instead:

[Image: df20040705.jpg]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
What no mention of Mitt Romney yet?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Man Dies after "Jesus is my Life" Tattoo Infected TheRealJoeFish 13 3881 June 5, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Really Strange and Funny Comedy Sketch Edwardo Piet 0 701 November 12, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school Fidel_Castronaut 21 5502 January 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Man with Downs Syndrome Dies Due to Police Actions festive1 14 3763 July 19, 2013 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Elderly Woman Dies After Wheelchair Rolls Down Hill Into Water Ditch During Fire Drill Tino 3 2184 October 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm
  Chicka Flicka spokesman dies Reforged 7 2918 July 29, 2012 at 9:40 pm
  George Jefferson dies. Brian37 0 924 July 25, 2012 at 6:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Tarzan actor dies Cyberman 0 1156 December 28, 2011 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Jesus' Brother Dies Minimalist 0 808 November 3, 2011 at 4:18 pm
  Man officially dies from 'spontaneous combustion'. BloodyHeretic 13 4262 September 24, 2011 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Erinome