Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus - miracles = 0
Jesus - miracles = 0
Ken Humphreys nails it again:

At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Jesus - miracles = 0
Jesus minus the magic tricks is nothing.

As always, good work by Ken.
(February 9, 2013 at 10:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Jesus minus the magic tricks is nothing.
Clap

Come up with that yourself did you?

Jesus Minus the God parts= a regular guy. Wow! You haven't Been A/S/K-ing have you? Because to come up with a revelation that paralells the bible like that.. It's almost like a work of the Spirit.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=NIV

Becareful minnie, you might accidently find yourself redeemed, despite yourself.
Big Grin
How did jesus preform miracles:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

(February 10, 2013 at 2:40 am)Drich Wrote:
(February 9, 2013 at 10:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Jesus minus the magic tricks is nothing.
Clap

Jesus Minus the God parts= a regular guy. Wow! You haven't Been A/S/K-ing have you? Because to come up with a revelation that paralells the bible like that.. It's almost like a work of the Spirit.

Becareful minnie, you might accidently find yourself redeemed, despite yourself.
Big Grin

Wow, alll those words..... and no actual meaning.

Nice work D Big Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Why would anyone drop everything to follow someone who could have thought he was the Messiah? Why did the Heaven's Gate cult members drop everything to follow Marshall Applewhite (1931–1997) and Bonnie Nettles (1927–1985) who claimed they were extra terrestial walkins?

Heaven's Gate Religious Cult

Quote:Group members gave up their material possessions and lived a highly ascetic life devoid of many indulgences. The group was tightly knit and everything was shared communally. Seven of the male members of the group, including Applewhite, voluntarily underwent castration in Mexico as an extreme means of maintaining the ascetic lifestyle.[10]

On March 26, 1997, police discovered the bodies of 39 members of the group who had committed suicide[2] in order to reach what they believed was an alien space craft following the Comet Hale–Bopp, which was at its brightest.[3]

It doesn't take miracles to make people follow cult leaders - it just needs stupidity.

PS: Meet Jesus and Mary Magdalene in their new incarnations out in Australia.

Quote:His sister is just one of the estimated 30 to 40 supporters from across the country who have packed up their lives and followed Miller to Wilkesdale.

PPS: I'm sure that everyone will be delighted to know that Jesus has now got his own website. Big Grin Big Grin Divine Truth You'll have to click on the About Us link to get to the page I've taken quotes from.

Quote:My name then was Yeshua ben Yosef, or the Jesus of the Bible, the son of Joseph and Mary. Mary's name then was Mary of Magdala, the woman identified in the Bible as Mary Magdalene. Mary was my wife then, and the first person I appeared to after I was crucified.

In the early 20th century, myself and many other Celestial Angels, and spirits on other paths of spiritual progression, managed to convey many of the Truths to a man named James Padgett. We expected that these Truths would grow on earth once Padgett received these Truths, but unfortunately, no-one really fully understood the message that was given. In addition, Mary, myself, and some other spirits by the late 20th century had found a way to return to earth to demonstrate these Truths, along with many more Truths obtained over 2000 years of spiritual progression. So, in the later half of the 20th century, 7 soul pairs, or 14 people, made plans to return to earth and teach the Divine Truth again.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(February 10, 2013 at 8:10 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(February 10, 2013 at 2:40 am)Drich Wrote: Clap

Big Grin

Wow, alll those words..... and no actual meaning.

Nice work D Big Grin

Not to mention skating painfully close to the no preaching line. But Drich wouldn't be so dumb; would he?

As for the equation: was "Jesus minus the magic tricks is nothing" too uncomfortable that you, Drich, reinterpreted it as "Jesus Minus the God parts= a regular guy"? One of those things is not like the other - can you spot which and why?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 10, 2013 at 11:17 am)Stimbo Wrote: One of those things is not like the other - can you spot which and why?

Yes, because I can read...
There had to be hundreds of dumb fucks named "jesus" in first century Palestine. Your boy could have been shoveling camel shit on the carvan routes for all you know, Drippy.

In any case, he didn't come back from the fucking dead which makes your religion somewhat academic.
(February 10, 2013 at 1:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There had to be hundreds of dumb fucks named "jesus" in first century Palestine. Your boy could have been shoveling camel shit on the carvan routes for all you know, Drippy.

In any case, he didn't come back from the fucking dead which makes your religion somewhat academic.
Actually the Name was Yeshua which we directly translate into Joshua, and yes it was a common name.. Oh and we do know He was a labor for the greek word their is Tekton, which can mean carpenter, but it is also used to describe any other labor as well. As such i am sure he shoveled his sare of camel poop.

http://jesusisajew.org/YESHUA.php

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1995 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 18623 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11258 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Jesus' imperfect miracles. Brakeman 32 7135 June 25, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Rainbow Bloody miracles from a bloody cult. Bob Kelso 22 4788 March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Christianity has gotten Lazy with the miracles: Spooky 59 14260 December 25, 2014 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Nope
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7246 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  miracles and circumstances k2490 35 8788 June 2, 2014 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Miracles KUSA 30 6576 February 3, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Miracles and Anti-supernaturalism BettyG 405 157740 August 26, 2013 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb