Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did god made death?
Why did god made death?
Like if god loves us,and he wants us to be happy why did he create death then(and all other painful experiences for that matter) It's like life is shit anyway and what do you get at the end death is this like an bonus or something?

And why didn't he just put us in heaven in the first place why do we need to be on earth first then go to heaven?

Childless questions but i'm a child
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

RE: Why did god made death?
I know you are young and was raised atheist, but there is merit in reading the bible. My recommendation is front to back. This can be used as a good supplement:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

My answeres:

Initially god didn't want us to die, he just wanted us to be stupid. Death came as a punishment for all humanity after the first two denizens of 'heaven' on Earth ate from the tree of knowledge after consulting a talking snake with legs.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:28 pm)Phish Wrote: Like if god loves us,and he wants us to be happy why did he create death then(and all other painful experiences for that matter) It's like life is shit anyway and what do you get at the end death is this like an bonus or something?

And why didn't he just put us in heaven in the first place why do we need to be on earth first then go to heaven?

God didn't make death. Nature made death. Everything that lives eventually dies.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:28 pm)Phish Wrote: Like if god loves us,and he wants us to be happy why did he create death then(and all other painful experiences for that matter) It's like life is shit anyway and what do you get at the end death is this like an bonus or something?

I advise you to read the bible. The Skeptic's Annotated Bible which cato linked you will work. The important thing is that you understand something before you make up your mind on it.

If you just dismiss it or accept it based on what other people have said, then you're likely to convert or fall silent quite quickly when your beliefs or lack thereof are actually challenged.

However, I agree with witchsabrina. Long term, reproduction is more beneficial for a population than eternal life. Things get old, telomeres shorten, they die, a god doesn't have to enter the equation.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
I've always rather wondered what the point of the earth was if we were ultimately meant to go to heaven in the end anyway. If we had just gone to heaven to start with, there wouldn't have been any of that original sin nonsense. Everything about the mythology suggests that the Abrahamic god foresaw it all and planned on creating the world as it is, with all of its supposed flaws and reasons why he gets to lob people into a pit of fire just for being born.
(February 12, 2013 at 6:42 pm)cato123 Wrote: I know you are young and was raised atheist, but there is merit in reading the bible. My recommendation is front to back. This can be used as a good supplement:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

My answeres:

Initially god didn't want us to die, he just wanted us to be stupid. Death came as a punishment for all humanity after the first two denizens of 'heaven' on Earth ate from the tree of knowledge after consulting a talking snake with legs.

You know, Cato....it sounds silly when you say it!

God wanted to make a full revelation of himself. If there's no sin, there's a lot about God we don't know: his judgment and his mercy, his wrath and his compassion.
God didnt invent death.

We Germans invented death!
(February 12, 2013 at 7:28 pm)John V Wrote:

God wanted to make a full revelation of himself. If there's no sin, there's a lot about God we don't know: his judgment and his mercy, his wrath and his compassion.

oh like those kids in africa?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

(February 13, 2013 at 8:05 am)Phish Wrote: oh like those kids in africa?
Exactly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did God give commandments to Jews? Fake Messiah 12 864 August 11, 2022 at 10:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did God get rid of the Trilobites? Jehanne 41 2897 October 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why did God allow his words to be changed? Fake Messiah 53 4004 October 23, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 2994 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Why did my mom tell me that feelings are enough to have religion? Der/die AtheistIn 11 1334 April 2, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Made for TV/ about Cleveland abductions. Brian37 0 341 November 13, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2892 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2217 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why are believers still afraid of death? Der/die AtheistIn 49 4559 March 8, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Amazon Alexa said Jesus/God is fake/made up/fictional? uncool 33 5523 February 2, 2018 at 12:05 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79