Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made for TV/ about Cleveland abductions.
Made for TV/ about Cleveland abductions.
Now again, I really do not care what label someone is claiming when they say there is an all powerful, magical sky wizard, cosmic security guard, BY ANY LABEL. I really do not care. You could call this claimed being God/Yawheh/Allah or Yoda for that matter.

The made for TV movie I watched last night was based on a REAL event where a sicko abducted several females and managed to imprison them in his house in Cleveland for over a decade. That means the families of the kidnapped went all that time assuming the worst, that they were murdered, which isn't that far stretched after days or weeks. 

What always ruins a survival movie for me, is isn't that the person survives. I am ALWAYS happy that someone escapes those horrors. What ruins such a great story is how they always turn the script into an excuse to cling to bad logic.

IF IF IF IF IF, one is to claim that an all powerful being is watching, and doesn't have to let it happen, then why did it happen in the first place?

I AM GLAD those girls survived. I am glad the perp got arrested. But it would seem to me that the actions of the girls helped themselves to escape, and the actions of the cops ended that horrible event. 

Just like the Holocaust. If you claim to have the power to stop suffering, but do not, what are you doing then? If you do not, but can, then to me, it is about you, not about those you claim to protect.

Humans are flawed, thus it was understandable that the victims fell for it, even though it was not their fault. 

But I cannot wrap my head around the bad logic, that if you claim a super hero, and it can protect you 100% of the time, then when it fails to do such, you still defend it. 

The real reason those poor girls/women were abducted wasn't because of Superman vs Lex Luther, or because the perp didn't have Jesus, or Allah, the real reason is because he was a sicko, and the girls were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 2996 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2895 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Amazon Alexa said Jesus/God is fake/made up/fictional? uncool 33 5524 February 2, 2018 at 12:05 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Do you think aliens made us Roberto 73 11604 January 25, 2018 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My dad made me laugh unintentionally Der/die AtheistIn 16 5946 January 2, 2018 at 2:12 am
Last Post: Athene
  Carl Sagan: A Universe Not Made For Us Minimalist 28 7281 May 6, 2017 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Crunchy
  My fundy mom made this comment on Facebook TheRocketSurgeon 27 6472 March 24, 2016 at 9:14 am
Last Post: RobbyPants
  What made you give up on Jesus? TrueChristian 101 17671 December 29, 2015 at 7:27 am
Last Post: abaris
Video Sam harris, How the Sausage of faith Is Made Atheistoz 3 2218 November 7, 2015 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Most ridiculous claim made by religious people Heat 11 4078 September 26, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32