Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is above conventional reason
God is above conventional reason
I've been reading many topics on this site and time and time again, atheists like to speak of "proof" and "reason".

The only problem with this is that God is above these things. These are human terms, thought of by humans, and decided among non-believers to be the thing to look for.

How can we use these man-made methods to measure the existence of the Creator that created us? There's no logic in that. God, and all things about Him, are above our minds and our conventional ways of thinking.

We use these ways of thinking on everything around us, literally speaking, but how are we supposed to use them on a GOD, something the human mind even has difficulty comprehending, something totally above us. We can't.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: God is above conventional reason
Then, why are you on this forum?
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
[Image: m167057383.jpg]
Cunt
Hm. Now isn't that convenient.
(February 13, 2013 at 5:45 pm)frankiej Wrote: [Image: m167057383.jpg]

That is not what I said.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(February 13, 2013 at 5:43 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: I've been reading many topics on this site and time and time again, atheists like to speak of "proof" and "reason".

The only problem with this is that God is above these things. These are human terms, thought of by humans, and decided among non-believers to be the thing to look for.

How can we use these man-made methods to measure the existence of the Creator that created us? There's no logic in that. God, and all things about Him, are above our minds and our conventional ways of thinking.

We use these ways of thinking on everything around us, literally speaking, but how are we supposed to use them on a GOD, something the human mind even has difficulty comprehending, something totally above us. We can't.

It is weird and has somehow become predictable that whenever an atheists argues on the basis of scientific knowlege to prove his case that the theist argues against that knowlege because it is from:

[Image: 27167109.jpg]

But it was scientific reason and human reasoning itself, that gave us medicine, democracy and wealth.
Whilest your church burned people alive who examined copernican theory.
I reject your god because the values preached in his book are insuperior to those made by humans. The laws of a constitutional republic are superior than the laws in your bible which require people to for example execute homosexuals.

And the excuse of god being beond all human understanding?!?!? Well talk about that as much as you want, this does not in any way make a case to take him serious as a moral judge or a judge on anything at all.
I am selfaware and capable to think for myself and to think on what is good for my comunity and dont need a invisible slaveholder to tell me what to do.

And by the way,
Quote:"and decided among non-believers to be the thing to look for."

nonsence!

read Karl Poppers "The logic of scientific discovery" the scientific method, known as "rational critizism" in phylosophy is for science and certainly not some unbelievers invention or dogma, even religious people are scientists and they follow that scientific philosophy in their persual of knowlege.

And who sais all atheists follow that philosophy?!?!?

I hate it when people make such blunt and stupid generalisations and assume that they are right.

See for yourself, the community here is very diverse.
I'll take special pleading for $1000, Alex.
This is a fallacy called special pleading. It is commonly employed by theist to argue that logic and reason cannot be applied to god because he is somehow above and beyond it.

All we are really saying is that if god was real, why wouldn't he make himself known in way that we CAN understand as lowly humans. For fucks sake, he made us, right? You'd think he might be able to come up with a way for us to determine he is real and not some mass delusion perpetuated by blind sheep and reasonless morons.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
If so, why are there so many persons claiming a personal relationship with said deity and why are so many ready to judge fellow human beings based upon their 'knowledge' of this entity, if we as humans indeed cannot know what it is?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(February 13, 2013 at 5:43 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: I've been reading many topics on this site and time and time again, atheists like to speak of "proof" and "reason".

The only problem with this is that God is above these things.

Well, I quess your god will understand me for not believing in him right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5174 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4785 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Human Reason and Christian Denominations Bahana 92 15089 April 20, 2018 at 9:25 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6168 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5548 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 6998 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  In Case You Need A Reason To Despise Baptist Scum-suckers Minimalist 93 9201 July 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The number one reason not to follow Christianity Aegon 43 8943 March 11, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why i choose science reason and atheism over religion dyresand 28 7322 December 29, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8068 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand