Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know how much more of this I can take
I don't know how much more of this I can take
I got an email today for the head of my moms group, as I refer to them, the church ladies. I get emails every now and then from the group leader about information on upcoming events that have to do with autism or some other disability or other information that is sometimes helpful. Every now and then she sends out other shit, prayer requests or god gushing stories. Today might be the last straw with the story I got. I'm going to have to post it because there is no way I can describe the stupidity of it all. This is the crazy shit I have to deal with in order to help my son. If you can stomach it please read. If anything it's a good laugh before you puke. Oh god and baby Jesus please help me. I don't know how much more I can take before I blow a butt gasket.

Subject: IN GOD WE TRUST !

A man from Norfolk , VA called a local radio station to share this on Sept 11th, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES OF 9/11/2001.

His name was Robert Matthews. These are his words:

A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child.. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. On our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we both
heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still missed her flight. both very upset, we drove home..

I received a call from my father who was retired NYFD. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight.

My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help. 'This is not something I can't just sit by for; I have to do something.'

I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off of the phone, he said, 'take good care of my grandchild. Those were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort.

My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my father, and at myself... I had gone for nearly two years blaming God for taking my father away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.

Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone. I opened the door to a couple with a small child.

The man looked at me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.'

He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, 'there is something else you need to know.'

His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ. I began sobbing at the news.

Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves .

When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew, in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and baby could live.

This story should help us to realize this: God is always in control.

We may not see the reason behind things, and we may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in control.

Please take time to share this amazing story. You may never know the impact it may have on someone.. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures Forever. Psalm 136:1

'In God We Trust!'
binnyCoffee
RE: I don't know how much more of this I can take
/sigh, i don't know about a good laugh, but the last bit struck me as too stupid to read. If their god is always in control, then why does he let things like the holocaust and september 11 happen? My answer: he or she is a bloodthirsty prick.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I don't understand why you read it. If it was me and I wasn't interested in that stuff I wouldn't.
That story is just sad. To take something that killed so many people and twist it into some propaganda to try to get someone to convert to Christianity is just wrong.
It was my understanding that nobody was saved from the debris. Also, what kind of injured, trapped, helpless person tries to convert the guy who has a rescuing job to do? Horrible email. In my opinion you should email back with corrections!
Agree with Adrian!

But I alcctually checked this thread out because I thought it was about something sexually.... *giggity*
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
Hahaha funny, Giff Tongue

If the story is true, my condolences to the writer. I'm not sure of the fact specifics regarding 9/11 so I can't comment on the accuracy...but the thickness of religion poured into the story is enough to put me off from reading the entire article from start to end...
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(August 29, 2009 at 6:35 am)Retorth Wrote: but the thickness of religion poured into the story is enough to put me off from reading the entire article from start to end...

Well exactly Re. It reads like a typical chain email *pukes*.
Binny,I'm so sorry you're subjected to such idiotic and dishonest drivel.

It may be time to think about saying something a bit confronting to those involved. Perhaps begin by asking them politely to cease and desist. Hitting them over the head with facts and logic will have no effect, as neither were used in forming their world view.

One simple solution is to simply block their Email address.

Another approach might be to use very coarse language,which might include vulgar references to the human generative act, (as verb, noun and adverb) together with colourful allusions to both male and female reproductive organs..

If that fails, try reasoning with a blunt instrument.

As a last resort, fart in their general direction.
If I get that kind of shit from anyone I have a go (I give them a warning first time and then a pasting second time) ... careless I know but I lost a friend that way!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 136 5497 February 12, 2024 at 3:31 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 693 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How much pain can atheists withstand ? The End of Atheism 290 15700 May 13, 2023 at 4:22 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Don't take it personally. Mystic 83 7322 October 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  What godly miracle would it take? Astonished 48 14583 October 8, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question How Much Evidence Will It Take You To Believe In God??? Edward John 370 38668 November 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  True Origins of Man - Ascent to Dominance much more complicated than the bible's tale bussta33 1 1172 December 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  How long did it take for you to deconvert? What made you change your mind? IanHulett 27 7728 August 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  What Would It Take To Be Convinced? PhilosophicalZebra 71 10379 May 6, 2015 at 7:04 pm
  what to do when thiests take you on a guilt trip? Twisted 14 3211 May 4, 2015 at 1:52 pm