Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Haiku
Atheist Haiku
I thought it might be fun to start a thread of atheist-based haiku. Bring on your best (original olnly, please) and please vote for your favorites with kudos. Writer of the most kudosed haiku get a rep from me!

Here's mine:

a mind freed from god
is exactly like a slave
freed from his shackles
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: Atheist Haiku
frog turns into prince
just takes a gazillion years
fairy tale beliefs
One too many syllables. Also too much straw.

Look up at the sky
See no heavens just the stars
I can live with that
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't know what the rules of Haiku are but ...

Repeat: we believe!
But wait, do you deceive?
So can I trust my very own eyes to perceive?
(February 15, 2013 at 10:48 pm)mralstoner Wrote: I don't know what the rules of Haiku are but ...

The syllables per line are 5-7-5 Wink

Oh, how good to think!
In my mind the Universe
though I am so small
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Now an uncharacteristically and unashamedly patronising one:

Invisible friend
Father Christmas for grownups
Rather sad, really

Devil
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 15, 2013 at 6:56 pm)John V Wrote: frog turns into prince
just takes a gazillion years
fairy tale beliefs

Are Creationists
All willfully ignorant?
Undoubtedly so

Creationists lie
Its age old dishonesty
Ask Eusebius

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Cool idea Baalzebub
5-7-5

A minute from death
There's no God, just walls and air
How will you face it?

Afraid and shunned or
Happy to meet death's cold stare?
Will you face it, now?

Or would you rather bow
To nothing and no one real?
Can you face that, prior?

Tell me have you tried
To look at the evidence
Unbiased and true?

Or would you rather
Be content in your safety
Of life there after?

Which is more lonely?
Me I'd rather die knowing
Than lost assuming
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Baalzebutt, how are you gonna rep yourself? Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

When the great man passed
Yahweh couldn't judge his ass
Fucker got Hitchslapped.