Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any questions on Islam?
Any questions on Islam?
Feel free to ask anything about the religion, I'm a Muslim.
RE: Any questions on Islam?
(February 28, 2013 at 12:21 pm)mo66 Wrote: Feel free to ask anything about the religion, I'm a Muslim.

Good timing I guess. Some guy just posted a list of 100 here: http://atheistforums.org/post-407424.html#pid407424

And welcome Smile
(February 28, 2013 at 12:22 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(February 28, 2013 at 12:21 pm)mo66 Wrote: Feel free to ask anything about the religion, I'm a Muslim.

Good timing I guess. Some guy just posted a list of 100 here: http://atheistforums.org/post-407424.html#pid407424

And welcome Smile
Woah. That's far too many. Some of them are good questions though.

Pick any question you'd like answered or are curious about. Are you muslim?

Thanks. Smile
(February 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm)mo66 Wrote: Woah. That's far too many. Some of them are good questions though.

Pick any question you'd like answered or are curious about. Are you muslim?

Yeah a lot of questions. I didn't read them so can't really suggest any favorites. I'm not a Muslim but we have several members who are Smile

Yes. How can you possibly believe that silly, contradictory, misogynistic crap?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
If the quran is so important why did god not reveal the quran to the entire world?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

As a bisexual person, how am I to be treated in the temporal world according to the Qu'ran? Christians tend to be rather unenthusiastic about the whole thing.
If you believe it, question it. If you question it, get an answer. If you have an answer, does that answer satisfy reality? Does it satisfy you? Probably not. For no one else will agree with you, not really.
I've been told (by a not so reliable authoritative source), that the disagreement between Muslims and Jews stems from the Biblical story of Abraham where Abraham's son with Hagar was expelled and replaced by Sarah's son as rightful heir. Thus Hagar's line of people were disinherited and the Quran is an illigitimate claim that they created to whatever it was the Jews supposedly inherited. Thus that's why they fight.

I know full well how ridiculous this sounds as I don't understand it quite myself. Just go with itTongue
So my question is, how would I argue against this person as to the real reason for the discourse between Muslim faith and Jewish faith?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Why do you throw rocks at women?

[Image: muslim-woman-stoning.jpg]

What is this attraction you people have for rocks?
is it a sin too fart while praying?

[Image: muslim-prayer.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7728 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Questions about Islam nonreligius 3 1261 July 8, 2015 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5420 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Do you have Questions about Islam ? Khansins 47 8366 November 26, 2014 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Converting from islam any help? Ilovemyself 54 15880 November 8, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33613 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet