Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting from islam any help?
Converting from islam any help?
Hi there!
I'm sick and tired of Islam. It's so evil & mean towards non believers also unfair to women. My parents are punjabi pakistani's by their parents, they pray 5 times a day, fast. But they ask me to pray and I say that I'm still learning. I just want to get out of this trash whole religion, Christianity isn't any different but at least Jesus Christ didn't have sex with an 6 year old when he was 55 like mohammed did. I'm still young so i can't move out. I just want some help & advice, thanks.
RE: Converting from islam any help?
Just hang on in there and hopefully being a member of our little community will give you some strength. Luckily you live in a country where being non-religious is a perfectly normal and socially acceptable state of affairs Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hi!

Don't go against your parents. You will be an adult before you know it and will be able to follow your reason then. Any pushing back now will only cause problems you are in no position to avoid. I know it sucks, but just be patient.
(October 11, 2013 at 6:53 am)Darwinian Wrote: Just hang on in there and hopefully being a member of our little community will give you some strength. Luckily you live in a country where being non-religious is a perfectly normal and socially acceptable state of affairs Great
Yes that's lucky, thanks, I am lucky to be living in a non religious country x

(October 11, 2013 at 6:54 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Hi!

Don't go against your parents. You will be an adult before you know it and will be able to follow your reason then. Any pushing back now will only cause problems you are in no position to avoid. I know it sucks, but just be patient.
Hopefuly, I agree it's going to be hard. I'll try to be patient.
Welcome to AF!

I unfortunately have no advice to give, but I concur with the Captain. Wait until you're not dependent on your parents.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 11, 2013 at 6:48 am)Ilovemyself Wrote: Hi there!
I'm sick and tired of Islam. It's so evil & mean towards non believers also unfair to women. My parents are punjabi pakistani's by their parents, they pray 5 times a day, fast. But they ask me to pray and I say that I'm still learning. I just want to get out of this trash whole religion, Christianity isn't any different but at least Jesus Christ didn't have sex with an 6 year old when he was 55 like mohammed did. I'm still young so i can't move out. I just want some help & advice, thanks.

I know a few muslims who wouldn't qualify as the muslim muslim by other muslims, if you know what i mean. One of them basically ignores everything the religion says, doesn't read the qur'an and has his own opinions (often contradicting islam) about things like sex, marriage, homosexuality etc. and he doesn't always realize how contradicting it is because he hasn't read the qur'an for a long time. So if you've realized at this point that you don't like the religion, you could do that and then you'll only be a muslim "by name". But of course in all cases their parents have no idea that they aren't devout, and I completely agree that you want to keep it on the down low until you can move out, but you can make nonmuslim friends so you don't always have to keep up the act.
Welcome!

I don't blame you for leaving Islam, I've been trying to read the Koran and at 8 pages in... yeah, not regretting never being brought up with it. Others have given you some good advice. Try not to piss off your parents right now, and stick around here to vent and learn. :3
Don't be mislead by any of these pious xtian assholes you see around here. Given a chance they would be as bloody a bunch of bastards as the muslims you seek to flee.

Free yourself from superstition in total. You'll be better off.

Welcome.
Don't become an atheist whatever you do. Have a read of this before leaving Islam.

[Image: 41KmOOPVP0L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic..._OU01_.jpg]

Generally I'd recommend people to stick with their cultural set-up, as long as they have the right idea.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
See what I mean?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7862 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5471 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33845 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Any questions on Islam? ideologue08 235 61528 April 27, 2013 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Iranian man sentenced to death for converting to christianity downbeatplumb 13 5353 December 25, 2011 at 5:31 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Help with Islam Of_Tomato 12 4960 April 25, 2011 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: cheesychoad
  Converting to Islam - the white Britons becoming Muslims downbeatplumb 18 6479 January 8, 2011 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet