Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epigenetics Reveal Biological Information On Homosexuality
Epigenetics Reveal Biological Information On Homosexuality
Quote:A new study from the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS) reveals that epigenetics, rather than genetics, could be the basis for homosexuality.

To begin, epigenetics looks at how gene expression is managed by temporary switches, known as epi-marks. In the report, recently published online in The Quarterly Review of Biology, the authors discussed how sex-specific epi-marks generally do not transmit between generations and are considered “erased.” Homosexuality can result when these marks are not “erased” and are passed on from father to daughter or mother to son.http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1112...on-121212/
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Epigenetics Reveal Biological Information On Homosexuality
Lol. Old news. I posted about this back in December.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-16090.html

It's still interesting, though. Heck, epigenitics themselves facinate me, whether you're discussing the link between epigenitics and homosexuality or obesity.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transgender kids’ brains resemble their gender identity, not their biological sex Foxaèr 19 3286 May 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  How did our cells get their "information"? Sayetsu 26 3682 March 26, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Sexism - homosexuality Azu 67 9128 November 23, 2017 at 7:17 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Medical information needed. Gawdzilla Sama 22 4670 September 25, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The Biological You Foxaèr 20 5103 June 12, 2017 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Homosexuality paulpablo 63 7647 February 19, 2016 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality downbeatplumb 1 1488 February 18, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Do you think we will ever know what causes Homosexuality pop_punks_not_dead 45 12608 February 8, 2014 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Biological proof of mental disorders Creed of Heresy 6 4562 June 7, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Homosexuality: it's genetic expression, not genetics, that determines homosexuality TaraJo 16 6312 December 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis