Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trick Questions?
Trick Questions?
So.. as looking Greydon's stuff on youtube I found his interview and started to look some more from Randi and Aaron Ra.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0hViXjVz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWyX3nWHrFU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8AbSFmHnQ

So basically questions that this Hovind is asking are following:
1. Is it impossible to God to exists?
-That seems weird question kind of. I guess I would say no, since I'm agnostic-atheist, but phrasing seems quite weird.
2. If I could prove to your satisfaction the God of the bible, would you worship him?
-Kind of weird when you think about it. I mean I would say no, because I don't think God of the bible is moral or just. But wasn't like one attribute that was given to God in bible that it's ultimately moral or something like that?
3. As a christian my position is that without God you can't know anything, is it possible that you don't know anything/would you say we can know things?
4. Is it possible that our knowledge could be wrong?
5. Can something that we don't know prove wrong what we know?
6. How you know that you reasoning is valid?
-These ones I'm having most trouble with. Because I honestly have no good answer to this or how I should handle these kind of questions.

So I would like to hear how you guys would response to those and really surely someone there who have very good understanding of this type of stuff could form like "This is how you should response".
Because I'm pretty sure there is something tricky there, but I can't wrap my head around it. So how logic applies to these questions?
And of course it would be nice to hear what you think about responses, who did well and so on.
So about 1 and 2 why they seem so weird or is it just me?
3-6 how to answer?

I think Aaron Ra handled it best way, but then with Randi it gone pretty far to these kind of weird questions. Please help and teach me, thanks! Smile
RE: Trick Questions?
1. Is it impossible to God to exists? I am going to assume you meant "for god to exist?"
Define god?

2. If I could prove to your satisfaction the God of the bible, would you worship him?
Which bible? No matter which bible, No, why should I

3. As a christian my position is that without God you can't know anything, is it possible that you don't know anything/would you say we can know things?
There is no proof of "god"(what is god again?) and I know stuff.

Depends on who is "our", on how wrong "our" would be. Even then to much assumption. Of course it is possible more likely for me probable.

Yes, cannot see why not, but I could be wrong. Smile

It is valid until someone can prove otherwise.
1 I don't know, i would have to understand every single law of the universe and beyond to answer the question.

2 Yeh because i wouldn't want to go to hell

3 The original statement at the beginning of the question is flawed because of circular logic, you only know you have god because of your own knowledge, so what is basically being said is, i know god is there because god is there and only through god is it that i know god is there and because he is there i know he is there...to be continued forever. But the simple answer to the end question would be no.

4 yes

5 yes

6 I don't

These are really simple questions with simple answers, if some moron wants to take these answers and say "HA you just said you can't truly know something so therefore there must have been a talking snake and a man with a boat that could fit on every single animal in the world and a stick that could turn into a snake" That's what it all falls back on, all this word play, word definitions. There's no building up from "oh i guess i do have faith in things if i have confidence in things" to "oh i guess i do have faith that the bible is correct and every single part of it was written by several people all controlled by the holy spirit"
Good videos though I just find this type of stuff funny.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

1. Is it impossible to God to exists?

No, but it is unlikely.

Absolutely not. I think he is a despicable character. And why on earth would a supreme being even need mortals' worship..?

You can only be logical and reasonable and right if you have all the parameters. The thing that sets our limit is how much knowledge we have. Without proper information, one cannot be sensible. And no, I don't think that knowledge in itself can be 'corrupt'. What I'd like to know is how Hovind thinks that God is the only to knowledge..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

About that last thing, like "How you know that your reasoning is valid?", "Don't you see problem that you use your reason to justify your reasoning?" I was expecting that there would be some kind of answer like "Your question is non-sensical because...". I wouldn't like to answer if someone asks me "How you know your reasoning is valid?" that "I just know it is". I guess I could say because we can demonstrate it, then Hovind type of guy would probably say "But you use you reasoning to determinate that your reasoning is valid".

Hope someone understood something of that... ^^