Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When green energy harms the enviroment
When green energy harms the enviroment
After the Fukushima nuclear disaster the german goverment made a sudden policie U-turn, pledging to shut down all nuclear power plants and to start reforms which will create the first completly climate friendly and import independent energy consumer country in Europe.

Untill then, things have been going towards that goal rather slowly at best:

Here is an interesting article I read, which some might find interesting since it shows a new issue emerging which could probably split enviormentalists:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germ...88094.html
RE: When green energy harms the enviroment
Quote: Since the party's founding in 1980, it has championed a nuclear phaseout and fought for clean energy. But now that this phaseout is underway, the Greens are realizing a large part of their dream -- the utopian idea of a society operating on "good" power -- is vanishing into thin air. Green energy, they have found, comes at an enormous cost. And the environment will also pay a price if things keep going as they have been.

This rather sums the "Green" influence rather well. So busy protesting that the projects (while admirable and desirable) have not been thought through.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
This should sort everything up Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

Yes I have seen that one Phish. Funny and accurate imho

Humans can be sooo petty and small ....Yes?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 13, 2013 at 8:22 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Yes I have seen that one Phish. Funny and accurate imho

Humans can be sooo petty and small ....Yes?

We all know that our planet and our life system wont be here for ever,so its kinda point less to preserve something that is going to get extinct anyway.

So it would seem. I am rather of the opinion that we strive to 'SAVE' that, that should pass and disregard that which requires our attention.

Having said the above there is still much that we (as a species) can do to make our own survival more assured. Pollution of our oceans is the biggest issue I have atm. And just WHY are we sending our sewerage into the ocean?
(March 13, 2013 at 8:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: So it would seem. I am rather of the opinion that we strive to 'SAVE' that, that should pass and disregard that which requires our attention.

Having said the above there is still much that we (as a species) can do to make our own survival more assured. Pollution of our oceans is the biggest issue I have atm. And just WHY are we sending our sewerage into the ocean?

the mystery of life remains.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb5d09IpnGPwipCmgv8SL...ETL5zoI_zA]

Hehe Pretty much. Big Grin
(March 13, 2013 at 8:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: And just WHY are we sending our sewerage into the ocean?

Out of sight, out of mind.. Sad
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(March 13, 2013 at 8:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: And just WHY are we sending our sewerage into the ocean?

Because it is less deleterious to human life there than it is in the middle of town. Same reason that ant midden heaps don't sit on top of the nurseries. If and when that changes we'll find another place to put it (and so do the ants, when the midden heap starts to get too large or attract predators -it doubles as a graveyard - it's moved)

Perhaps we should burn it all? So long as we have refuse we're going to be stuck between some manner of a rock and a hard place as to what to do with it.

(I think that we've taken the wrong track with regards to green projects in almost every particular - rather than stressing prohibitions and conservation we would have most likely gotten alot more traction identifying where wealth and exploitation could be had that also happened to fall inline with the core motivations behind conservations and prohibitions. I know, I know, it would have been more difficult - but judging by our track record thusfar so long as we were looking it could hardly have been disastrously worse as we identified those things...lol)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marjorie Taylor Green suffering from amnesia. Jehanne 9 791 April 29, 2022 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Green New Deal Yonadav 0 209 February 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  The Green Party, Huh? Minimalist 0 346 March 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kellyanne Conway says 2 Iraqi refugees responsible for Bowling Green Massacre Cecelia 26 3808 February 3, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5491 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I love the Green Party! Jehanne 3 1234 November 12, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Green Party VP Candidate Ajamu Baraka Cecelia 2 782 August 3, 2016 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Green Party donations up ~1000% after Sanders endorsed Clinton ReptilianPeon 39 7938 July 20, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  the green book DramaQueen 1 652 September 9, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Change to clean energy - failing???? Something completely different 0 889 July 13, 2013 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Something completely different