Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Party VP Candidate Ajamu Baraka
Green Party VP Candidate Ajamu Baraka
I don't know much about him, but some of the things he seems to have said really strikes me as... off. 

http://americablog.com/2016/08/jill-stei...alist.html

I'm not sure he's such a good choice, and i really doubt that he'll bring much to the green party ticket.  Especially with his comments on Bernie Sanders.  If the Green Party wants to establish themselves as a serious party, I think Jill Stein has done a poor job of it with her choice in running mate.  I know that Bernie Sanders had an opportunity to be the Green Party Candidate--but he turned it down, not wanting to be responsible for Donald Trump winning the election.  I think the good news is that Sanders movement--unlike the Green Party--won't disappear for four years after this election, and I think he'll push some much needed changes.  Even if he's not running for President (and that, IMO, was what made him a good candidate in the first place)
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Green Party VP Candidate Ajamu Baraka
Quote:"My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

John Adams, speaking of the Vice-Presidency
RE: Green Party VP Candidate Ajamu Baraka
(August 3, 2016 at 10:19 pm)Cecelia Wrote: I don't know much about him, but some of the things he seems to have said really strikes me as... off. 

http://americablog.com/2016/08/jill-stei...ralist.htm

I'm not sure he's such a good choice, and i really doubt that he'll bring much to the green party ticket.  Especially with his comments on Bernie Sanders.  If the Green Party wants to establish themselves as a serious party, I think Jill Stein has done a poor job of it with her choice in running mate.  I know that Bernie Sanders had an opportunity to be the Green Party Candidate--but he turned it down, not wanting to be responsible for Donald Trump winning the election.  I think the good news is that Sanders movement--unlike the Green Party--won't disappear for four years after this election, and I think he'll push some much needed changes.  Even if he's not running for President (and that, IMO, was what made him a good candidate in the first place)

You're missing the "l" at the end of that link, so it just gives you a 404 error.  Here...

http://americablog.com/2016/08/jill-stei...alist.html
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1451 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Marjorie Taylor Green suffering from amnesia. Jehanne 9 780 April 29, 2022 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 714 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 265 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1434 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 1823 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate? EgoDeath 57 5239 October 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Green New Deal Yonadav 0 203 February 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? onlinebiker 44 2301 February 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Essex (UK) village used in 'appalling' Trump candidate advert Duty 21 1651 November 1, 2018 at 6:12 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia