Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Review - Newgrounds
Forum Review - Newgrounds
This is going to be a multi-part series of posts reviewing different online message boards on the internet, regardless of their purposes and intentions.
The first feature will be the online community of Newgrounds.

The Newground Bulliten Board is one of the internet's most pitiful collection of unresponsive moderators; poor spelling, punctuation, and grammer; and rude mebers. I registered on Newgrounds in the month of January to provide as means by which to play their multiplayer online games, but I decided to give the message board a try.
In my introductorary post, I announced that I held no belief in a diety. That action was quite a disaster, as I was met with comments such as "I'm going to spam you." and "Another one of those typical, liberal atheists.", yet in a completely slothful response, the moderators of the forum deleted the post and with it, empiricle evidence to display the outright hypocrisy of the board's theists with it.
As one could easily conclude, the community is not that tolerant of those without belief in a personal god or savior, yet that is not it.
My hypothesis for the stupidity of the general NewGrounds user is the fact that they are uneducated, which is heavily supported by statistics gathered the internet information comany, Alexa.
I heavily advise anyone reading this not to join or even visit, this horrid intellectual abyss I have spoken of.
RE: Forum Review - Newgrounds
Judging by the stoners threads, I doubt they are overly strict in accordance with their rules.

After a more lengthy perusal, there are religion posts, but no religion thread per-say.

There are other religious threads stating that religion is stupid, Religion Thread Of Debunkifying, Anti-Religion, etc, which makes me wonder exactly what you did to have your post removed.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 5, 2013 at 4:09 pm)Mr Infidel Wrote: From perusing the site, there is no religion thread. So my question is, why would you post about it there?

Also, judging by the stoners threads, I doubt they are overly strict in accordance with their rules.

With a show of little command of the English language, which is dispromoted by their Code of Conduct, a man informed me of what he interpreted as a rule violation.
Alongside that, I simply announced I had no attachments to a diety, as if the screen name "Piss3d0ffAth3ist" didn't provide them with that inference.

I suppose we should all assume that NewGrounds is a whack community that should be avoided at all costs.
(April 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm)C3P0 Wrote: This is going to be a multi-part series of posts reviewing different online message boards on the internet, regardless of their purposes and intentions.

Why?
I'm confused as to why I should consider your opinion on these matters.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Newgrounds? The website with all the animutations and Retarded Animal Babies?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I thought we were talking coffee Dodgy I am disappoint
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:The Newground Bulliten Board is one of the internet's most pitiful collection of unresponsive moderators; poor spelling, punctuation, and grammer; and rude mebers.
Dude...seriously? Take a look at your own spelling and "grammer." I doubt you know enough to recognize correct spelling and grammar when you see it.
(April 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(April 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm)C3P0 Wrote: This is going to be a multi-part series of posts reviewing different online message boards on the internet, regardless of their purposes and intentions.

Why?

To compete with our enemy, Edward.
(April 6, 2013 at 2:16 pm)C3P0 Wrote: To compete with our enemy, Edward.

[Image: egcb_zpsf470a2fe.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My reply to the Human Life Review. Jehanne 18 1123 August 28, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Like to read? Book review thread! mediocrates 13 2170 May 16, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Coffee review - KAFAE YEN DeDe Instant Coffee dyresand 15 2899 April 15, 2015 at 9:46 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The Ledge, a movie review. Brian37 2 1390 January 16, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Review my portal... Aractus 10 1633 September 6, 2014 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Product review- electric flyswatter professor 13 2010 August 3, 2014 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Shaggy
  Book review (contains spoilers, sorry) Sponge 8 3423 May 22, 2009 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Giff