Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review my portal...
Review my portal...
http://de-aacs.com/de-aacs-private.htm

It is not finished. I will correct the graphics: I'm well aware that there are problems with the images at present and they can be corrected.

I do NOT know why the youtube logo is not showing, any ideas will be appreciated. More importantly - this version of the page is intended for 1920x1080 so please report ANY issues.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Review my portal...
Hmmm.

Thought it was going to be some VERY naughty Losty pics.

Sigh.
All naughty pics have to be that special thread, don't they? I can't get there yet.
remove background pic, it takes time to load making the site look amateurish . and several backgrounds changing ? pleeease Big Grin
The background taking only the top part of the site; ppl have different resolutions and screens
Change titles position .
Make a header and a small tool bar .
Change fonts used, use fonts like ubuntu font , something neat , like the one used in the word DISCONNECT .
Make effect on active input fields, like border color change or border shadow or something like that .
make footer with descriptions and all .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
I have a better background, the current one: vimeo.com/87701971 - Yosemite HD II, the one I'll be using: vimeo.com/35396305 - Yosemite HD, I think it tells a better story. And yes there'll be a 2nd "plain" version which won't have the video background. I can correct the problem with the video not covering the full window when resized very easily, it's as simple as changing width to minimum width.

This is the XML (ie XHTML) version (without the video for the moment): http://de-aacs.com/de-aacs-private.php

God I'm such an idiot. I couldn't work out why the style sheet wasn't loading - and with no style it looks like THIS! It's because I've set .css files to be handled by php, thus if I don't do anything they're served as text/html. That's not an issue for HTML files, but XHTML requires a match for the content type. Anyway, YAY for XHTML5 working correctly now. You'll notice the HTML version now looks incorrect - this is fine since I won't be using it. All browsers with quasi/semi-HTML5 support XML parsing, thus I don't need to worry about using the plain html/text version any more (or for that matter, EVER again).

EDIT:

Video/No video etc can be accessed here: http://de-aacs.com/de-aacs-private.htm

I know my host isn't fast enough to properly stream the video, so I'll probably just compress it a bit more and it should work. This is the setting I used:

ffmpeg -i yosemite_hd.mp4 -acodec libvorbis -aq 5 -ac 2 -qmax 25 -threads 8 yosemite_hd.webm

Which produced a size near identical to the MP4, I can re-do it and make it smaller, I'll probably have to downsize the video somewhat as well but it should still look decent. I suggest downloading it and watching it with the sound on.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
I'm a little confused as to the purpose of the site. I think that if someone can't understand the purpose of a site, they generally don't spend a lot of time there. Perhaps it would be useful to give us your elevator pitch as it were.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Perfect, that's the kind of feedback I need. I will make it more intuitive.

I've fixed the video position - it won't scroll and won't be smaller than the page.

I've resized the video, thus...

ffmpeg -i yosemite_hd.mp4 -acodec copy -qmax 28 -threads 8 -s 1024x576 yosemite_hd_1024x576.mp4
ffmpeg -i yosemite_hd.mp4 -acodec libvorbis -aq 5 -ac 2 -qmax 25 -threads 8 -s 1024x576 yosemite_hd_1024x576.webm

Now doesn't seem to have a problem streaming. To test this, try the version with sound:

http://de-aacs.com/de-aacs-private-video2.php (WITH SOUND)

And see if there are any pauses in the sound when it plays.

Rule number 1 in making a decent website : No auto music . You didn't get the memo ? Big Grin

And I firmly believe that you have to remove the video thing . not everyone have a 99999 MB/s ultra awesome internet speed connection; with me the video hangs a little and making it look ridiculous, not to mention that it looks ridiculous anyway .

I hope i'm not rude, i'm trying to give an honest opinion .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
What is it supposed to look like?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My reply to the Human Life Review. Jehanne 18 1159 August 28, 2021 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Like to read? Book review thread! mediocrates 13 2229 May 16, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Coffee review - KAFAE YEN DeDe Instant Coffee dyresand 15 2925 April 15, 2015 at 9:46 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The Ledge, a movie review. Brian37 2 1394 January 16, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Product review- electric flyswatter professor 13 2025 August 3, 2014 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Shaggy
  Forum Review - Newgrounds RonaldReagansGhost666 19 5202 April 7, 2013 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: RonaldReagansGhost666
  Book review (contains spoilers, sorry) Sponge 8 3443 May 22, 2009 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Giff