Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the worst thing about being an atheist?
What's the worst thing about being an atheist?
Personally, the worst thing about not believing in a god is that I have no one to blaspheme against when I stub my toe on a chair.

Saying crap just isn't the same as condemning my sofa to burning eternally in hell for the crime of being in the wrong place.

What about you guys?
RE: What's the worst thing about being an atheist?
The lack of bliss that ignorance causes perhaps?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Having to use my brain to think about things.

Oh, and the separation it caused between my family and I.
(March 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm)ThatMuslimGuy2 Wrote: Never read anything immoral in the Qur'an.
Having to listen to theists and their claims, while thinking how non-sense it all is, but not wanting to say it out loud, just because I'm a nice person.
Listening to theists rape logic and reason. being looked down on by Theists. Expected to listen to their B.S but not to object or ridicule it as i would anything else. pretty good other than thatSmile
Having people that don't know me at all tell me why I'm an atheist.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 28, 2013 at 5:06 am)Sagasa Wrote: Personally, the worst thing about not believing in a god is that I have no one to blaspheme against when I stub my toe on a chair.

Saying crap just isn't the same as condemning my sofa to burning eternally in hell for the crime of being in the wrong place.

What about you guys?

"Fuck" works fine for me.

The worst thing about atheism?
Feeling really uncomfortable in church like I'm part vampire or something.
Or when my mum died having to stop myself correcting a well meaning friend of my wife who said "Shes in a better place now". I just smiled and nodded and let her go on her way thinking she had made me feel better.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Having to constantly tread carefully lest I inadvertantly offend friends or family who still have religious beliefs
Having people call me an "evolutionist" when they hear that I am an atheist. I'm also a gravitist, ya know. Geez...
Cunt
I hate we aren't tax exempt, as alot of people say its a religion!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 356 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6203 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 7366 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 849 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35423 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God. unityconversation 157 14375 March 18, 2020 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3729 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Is being an atheist important to you? EgoDeath 63 6826 February 27, 2019 at 7:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8694 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  The only human being to have won 2 unshared Nobel Prizes was an atheist. Jehanne 29 6640 March 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Jehanne