Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your alternative to abortion?
What is your alternative to abortion?
Instead of justifying my possition on the matter and explain.
I would like to know from the religious folk some things:

Which messures to avoid unwanted pregancies would you aprove off?

Which messures to prevent single mums from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?

Which mesures to prevent teen preagnacies would you aprove of?

Which messures to avoid parents from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?

Which messures to ensure that a child does not become a burden on the mothers carreer and life would you aprove of?

Which messures for unwanted preagnancies would you aprove of?

And finaly: at which age is it alright to watch a person die or kill a person?
RE: What is your alternative to abortion?
(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Instead of justifying my possition on the matter and explain.
I would like to know from the religious folk some things:

Which messures to avoid unwanted pregancies would you aprove off?
I'm not religious, but I'll answer anyways…
Rigorous and in-depth sex education, birth control (pills, ring, patch) including informing women they can get an IUD without previously having a child, condoms, morning after pill. Probably more than what I can think of at the moment.

(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Which messures to prevent single mums from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?
Social programs, including post-natal doulas, education/work training programs, welfare programs, etc.

(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Which mesures to prevent teen preagnacies would you aprove of?
See above. Education is the trump card here, IMO.

(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Which messures to avoid parents from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?
Same as the above.

(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Which messures to ensure that a child does not become a burden on the mothers carreer and life would you aprove of?
Low-cost, high quality, convenient child care. This really doesn't exist in the US. I've stated before, when I tried to go to work after having kids the least expensive childcare we could find was $400/week per kid, and I wouldn't exactly describe it as high quality.

(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Which messures for unwanted preagnancies would you aprove of?
Any and all, up to late-term abortions for simply deciding being a parent is not for you. I define late-term as any point past viability, somewhere around 24-28 weeks. I do support late-term abortion in cases where the fetus would not survive or the mother's life is in danger.

(April 2, 2013 at 8:32 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: And finaly: at which age is it alright to watch a person die or kill a person?
Ummm… I don't see how this is relevant, but I don't think it's good to watch a person die (violently, anyway) at any age. For watching a hospital/hospice patient die… depends on the person, but probably not until age 10-12 at the earliest. I don't think there is an appropriate age to be in order to kill a person, killing a person is not a good thing to do no matter what your age is.
I should add that he should specify - is he talking about outright murder or assisted suicides or "mercy abortions" (in the case of life being unviable upon birth, like the link I provided or specific danger to the mother)?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Yeah, I should probably note that I support euthanasia too. If someone is terminally ill and wants to die with their dignity intact, I see no problem. I waffle on the issue of euthanasia in cases of severe mental illness or other permanent disability, but I'm open to it as well. Some people want to die, why not make it as painless as possible? But not every person who wants to die should die... It's very messy and I don't think a blanket rule should apply as much as a case by case scenario, but that ultimately has to come down to some iffy cases where the blanket rule would come into effect. Just messy.
This country hates grey areas, unfortunately. It makes our heads hurt.
The ironic thing is that those who disapprove of abortion are those who are most likely to disapprove of the various contraception methods that ultimately prevent abortions.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
"Because God" usually.

God has done fuck all.
Which messures to avoid unwanted pregancies would you aprove off?: Most, except the day-after pill.

Which messures to prevent single mums from drifting into poverty would you aprove of? & Which messures to avoid parents from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?: The combination of a social safety net, private charity, and general economic opportunity.

Which mesures to prevent teen preagnacies would you aprove of?: Abstainance. It worked for me. And I do not approve of unwed people having sex.

Which messures to ensure that a child does not become a burden on the mothers carreer and life would you aprove of?Children are a voluntary burden for which their parents are responsible.

Which messures for unwanted preagnancies would you aprove of? Adoption.

And finaly: at which age is it alright to watch a person die or kill a person?: The question is too vague.
(April 2, 2013 at 9:22 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: The ironic thing is that those who disapprove of abortion are those who are most likely to disapprove of the various contraception methods that ultimately prevent abortions.
My husband's office was down the block from Planned Parenthood. There were always protestors out front, I did ask them once if they supported contraception. They said they were Catholic and did not support birth control in any form. Hubby dragged me away before I become rabid, but he gave them shit every time he walked past them too. Have I mentioned I love my husband? <3
I don't feel that my views on abortion are anything to do with my beliefs

Which measures to avoid unwanted pregnancies would you aprove off?
Prevention and not termination in unforced choices

Which measures to prevent single mums from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?
Mums have babies to make a liviing too. Poverty is preferable to death. I am disgusted by your continual promotion of wealth is everything

Which measures to prevent teen pregnancies would you approve of?
Education

Which measures to avoid parents from drifting into poverty would you aprove of?
Ugh

Which measures to ensure that a child does not become a burden on the mothers carreer and life would you aprove of?
Well yeah murder should be a choice where affecting your damn career is concerned.

Which measures for unwanted pregnancies would you aprove of?
Love? Caring? Understanding? Social responsibility? Shared burdens?

And finaly: at which age is it alright to watch a person die or kill a person?
Any age. It's part of life

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion! Simon Moon 65 5166 July 31, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Be consistent GOP.....Abortion..... Brian37 14 5059 December 1, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Abortion is love robvalue 308 52268 October 10, 2015 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Abortion and Women's Rights Tea Earl Grey Hot 248 58205 June 10, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: John V
Tongue How to shut up people who are against abortion Big Blue Sky 372 147994 June 7, 2013 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10224 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape LarissaAnn 54 23338 January 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B