Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion is love
Abortion is love
If you're part of a religion such as Christianity or Islam, then aborting your children before they are born (or killing them just after they are born) is the most loving thing you can do for them.

First of all, you eliminate the risk that they might end up in hell by failing to follow the rules correctly.

Second, they go straight to heaven without any of the pain or heartache this life brings. They begin infinite happiness right away.

And third, it's insurance against them picking the wrong religion.

Even if we pretend there is definitely a god, and it's definitely either Yahweh or Allah, that means every Christian and Muslim is taking a risk. If they don't kill their baby, it might not go to heaven by picking wrong. You may be in the wrong religion and it may copy you, or you may be in the right religion and it may stray to another.

By killing it, the God can't say it picked wrong, so must send it to heaven! Even if you've picked wrong, in which case you're going to hell regardless, you save your child the same fate.

The ultimate act of love! So how can you object, and why don't you do it? Is it because you're hedging your bets in case the whole thing is actually made up?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Abortion is love
Popcorn
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Rob, can I have the number of your dealer?
Sure, I'll get it to you later. I just barricaded myself under the table Tongue
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(September 10, 2015 at 6:21 am)robvalue Wrote: If you're part of a religion such as Christianity or Islam, then aborting your children before they are born (or killing them just after they are born) is the most loving thing you can do for them.
[...]

Oh-Kay... What's the SECOND most loving thing then?
Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I hope some theists reply to this rather then ingnoring. That title Big Grin
You do realize this god is just an hypothetical? right?
Yeah, I'd love them to reply. I feel like I just scored a home run for team A with that third part. It occurred to me in another thread, and it seems like a lock down. Sure, you guys all limp round the bases, I saved your asses again!

I'm showing actions speak louder than words when they contradict professed beliefs.

Index of my best videos
When you say it like that, you make them look like crazy basterds!
They won't reply.

If all the shit they believed was actually real, then you'd have a good case, but I feel that 99.9% of theists are café Xtians (whether they know it or not).
Actions always speak louder than words.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I predict something along the lines of 'everyone deserves a chance at life' or some shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'God', the biggest practitioner of abortion! Simon Moon 65 5050 July 31, 2023 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 5523 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Be consistent GOP.....Abortion..... Brian37 14 5055 December 1, 2015 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Abortion and Women's Rights Tea Earl Grey Hot 248 57893 June 10, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: John V
Tongue How to shut up people who are against abortion Big Blue Sky 372 147193 June 7, 2013 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  What is your alternative to abortion? Something completely different 182 57890 April 27, 2013 at 10:00 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10212 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Jaysus effin' Christ!! Santorum on abortion due to rape LarissaAnn 54 23312 January 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B