Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide
Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/12/ri...ht-online/

Quote:Warren’s church, the Saddleback Valley Community Church, released a statement on Saturday saying that Matthew Warren had committed suicide after experiencing “a momentary wave of despair at home.” Matthew, who was Pastor Warren’s youngest child, had wrestled with depression and mental illness for many years.

The loss of a child, especially under such conditions, is an horrible tragedy that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I am equally aghast at Warren's reaction to tweet his grieving process and make the whole tragic event all about him.

Quote:“Someone on the internet sold Matthew an unregistered gun,” the pastor tweeted. “I pray he seeks God’s forgiveness. I forgive him. #MATTHEW 6:15.” Warren paraphrased the cited verse in a following tweet, “If you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you don’t…”

This isn't about you, Rick, or your heroic self-image.

I can't help but wonder if Warren's apparent narcissism contributed to his son's depression and ultimately his suicide. The logistics of purchasing a weapon online suggest it was not a "momentary wave of despair".
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide
And before anyone says "ANOTHER REASON TO BAN GUNS:" Guns aren't the only means of suicide. Just the most painless and quickest.

As far as this story, I've read it elsewhere, and I've come to the conclusion that the son was gay, and his homophobic father drove him to suicide. This kind of preachy shit in his twitter followed by megalomaniacal ego-stroking gives it away clear as day.
Quote: Just the most painless and quickest.

Must be why they are so often chosen. That, and the fucking things seem to be laying around everywhere.......
Re: RE: Rick Warren's Son Commits Suicide
Quote:Just the most painless and quickest.
maybe the quickest not most painless. I'd say carbon monoxide poisoning would be the most painless aside from an over dose on prescription pills or other drugs.
(April 12, 2013 at 10:37 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: The loss of a child, especially under such conditions, is an horrible tragedy that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I am equally aghast at Warren's reaction to tweet his grieving process and make the whole tragic event all about him.

…but that’s what Warren always does. Sad
(April 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(April 12, 2013 at 10:37 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: The loss of a child, especially under such conditions, is an horrible tragedy that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I am equally aghast at Warren's reaction to tweet his grieving process and make the whole tragic event all about him.

If you were wondering what that sound was, it's Satan's teeth chattering. I just thumbs-uped your post.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(April 12, 2013 at 12:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: Just the most painless and quickest.

Must be why they are so often chosen. That, and the fucking things seem to be laying around everywhere.......

Actually, women are more likely to choose something that won't disfigure them. Oddly, even in the face of death, women care what they look like when someone else sees their body.

Rope is laying around everywhere too, you know. Big Grin

All kidding and debating aside, if you're going to commit suicide, you're going to it. It has little to do with religion, though how much support he got and what kind likely does, weapons or ropes. This is about mental illness. He was going through a lot. If there is anything good to come of this, it is that he doesn't have to do that anymore.

(April 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:

Hey, dorfus! Big Grin
I don't really know what lead to his son's death. Neither do any of you. It could have nothing to do with Rick Warren at all. I feel nothing but sadness for anyone affected by suicide.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(April 12, 2013 at 9:56 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't really know what lead to his son's death. Neither do any of you. It could have nothing to do with Rick Warren at all. I feel nothing but sadness for anyone affected by suicide.

While I personally did not attribute to Rick Warren, I do have to say that we do know mental illness led to it, as he was mentally ill. It is sad.
You would think a preachy homophobic narcissist would stop giving away his book receipts to cure AIDS in black people. (While feeding them)

Too bad cynics give skepticism a bad name

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elizabeth Warren out of race onlinebiker 47 3524 March 12, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Elizabeth Warren Flips on Super PACs Secular Elf 4 450 March 4, 2020 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1673 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1548 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Warren's Wealth Tax Yonadav 5 936 January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Elizabeth Warren impressed me CapnAwesome 106 3992 October 20, 2018 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Jane2d
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 628 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Elizabeth Warren = Pocohontas Fireball 58 8838 December 3, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Elizabeth Warren Last Night With Stephen Colbert Minimalist 4 922 November 21, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  I Thought Elizabeth Warren Was Smarter Minimalist 0 604 September 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist