Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elizabeth Warren impressed me
Elizabeth Warren impressed me
https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/...ian-899927

I realize that for most people on here whether or not Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test was not an issue. What bothered me about it wasn't that she didn't take one, but her statement that accompanied it, which was that she perfered her family story to finding out the truth. How an atheist could justify that statement (which nobody even attempted to do) is beyond me. If that type of thinking extended to her political thought, I couldn't vote for her.

Well she took a DNA test. Not only did it back up her family story, (even though she's still just a white lady), but I'm impressed that she was willing to find out a personal truth with a potential emotional cost. It makes me much more confident that she's a person who is willing to fact check on her own ideas. I'll probably vote for her.

Speaking of truth, Trump now denies having offered to donate a million dollars to the charity of her choice, which is on record. What an asshole.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Elizabeth Warren impressed me
Who cares what her ancestors were, what they did, or where they came from?

It shouldn't be an issue - unless they came from another planet.

And yeah - Trump is a dick, and apparently a welcher as well.
(October 15, 2018 at 11:38 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And yeah - Trump is a dick, and apparently a welcher as well.

Neither of these things is new news.
(October 15, 2018 at 11:40 am)Cathooloo Wrote:
(October 15, 2018 at 11:38 am)onlinebiker Wrote: And yeah - Trump is a dick, and apparently a welcher as well.

Neither of these things is new news.

I knew the dick part. It' s the first time I've seen him apparently welching on a bet.

I just don't pay that much to his personal nonsense.

I' ve seen snails that were more interesting.
(October 15, 2018 at 11:38 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Who cares what her ancestors were, what they did, or where they came from?

It's not a matter of where they came from for me. It's a matter of how she thinks and whether or not she's a self reflective person. Would you vote for someone who say d about their beliefs "it doesn't matter if they are true, I like the story"

We would never let that slide from a Theist on these forums.

(October 15, 2018 at 11:38 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Who cares what her ancestors were, what they did, or where they came from?

Yeah, I mean what a bet welcher. He could afford the million to charity and it would only make him look good to donate to an American Indian charity. What a douche. I think it was brave of Elizabeth Warren to take that test . The results aren't important. It's the courage of potentially being wrong. It's the search for truth and the respect for science over 'what my family told me' that is important to me. I'm very impressed with Elizabeth Warren for those reasons.

People who dismiss it as a non issue normally are looking at in a shallow sense. Would you vote for someone who took the approach that what their grandparents said was more important than science on public policy? Never.

So I do think it's an important issue for those reasons. Not whether or not Elizabeth Warren is 1% American Indian or not.

Not to mention that she took away an easy line of attack, and in a debate she can hammer on him for going back on his word over a charity donation of all things.

It's also nice to see the respect for science in her statement on it and of course Trump's total disrespect for science, calling dna testing junk science.

That bet welcher needs to pay up.
Trump is a pig.  And the only problem with Warren is that she is too old.
test results:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politic...ox_Article

For a million bucks, I would want to have a second opinion. I did not know (and understand why) various populations have not partaken in DNA sampling, but am also skeptical of the access to 1st nation and peruvian samples outweighing access to USA tribal samples.
(October 15, 2018 at 12:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Trump is a pig.  And the only problem with Warren is that she is too old.

She is old, still younger than Trump though, and she seems pretty healthy and mentally sharp. I also think she's one of the less likely people to beat Trump. People who say sexism is why Hillary lost are at least partly right. So it's not like that's gone away.

I'm far to the right of Elizabeth Warren. Still, I like her respect for science, and I like her foreign policy, I like that she supports universal healthcare strongly and now I like her self examination. If she's the Democratic candidate I'll vote for her.

(October 15, 2018 at 1:27 pm)Jane2d Wrote: test results:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politic...ox_Article

For a million bucks, I would want to have a second opinion. I did not know (and understand why) various populations have not partaken in DNA sampling, but am also skeptical of the access to 1st nation and peruvian samples outweighing access to USA tribal samples.

I took a DNA test. Said I was white as shit. Pretty much all German and English. Which is exactly what our family stories said too. They can even track when your relatives came to the US. Which also lined up exactly with our genological records.

Elizabeth Warren is pretty much as white as me. But you have to respect that she looked into it with science.
Quote:If she's the Democratic candidate I'll vote for her.

Shit.  If YOU were the Democratic candidate I'd vote for you.  Anything but that nazi shitstain we have now.
(October 15, 2018 at 1:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:If she's the Democratic candidate I'll vote for her.

Shit.  If YOU were the Democratic candidate I'd vote for you.  Anything but that nazi shitstain we have now.

I am old enough to be president for the first time. But I'm an unmarried atheist who went to community college. That is not a winning combo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Elizabeth Warren out of race onlinebiker 47 3509 March 12, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Elizabeth Warren Flips on Super PACs Secular Elf 4 444 March 4, 2020 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1670 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1544 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Warren's Wealth Tax Yonadav 5 933 January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Elizabeth Warren = Pocohontas Fireball 58 8823 December 3, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Elizabeth Warren Last Night With Stephen Colbert Minimalist 4 921 November 21, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  I Thought Elizabeth Warren Was Smarter Minimalist 0 603 September 22, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Elizabeth Warren Reduces Carson to a sputtering puddle of piss. Minimalist 22 2920 January 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist