Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every Romantic Comedy Ever
Every Romantic Comedy Ever
I got a good laugh out of this video.

Yep, this is something I don't miss from my single days. Thank God (so to speak) that I found a wife who hates these movies.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Every Romantic Comedy Ever
(April 16, 2013 at 2:36 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Thank God (so to speak) that I found a wife who hates these movies.

Part of my pre-first date ritual:

Me: "Hey, want to do something Saturday night?"
Her: "Sure! What are you thinking?"
Me: "There's a new romantic comedy playing, would you like to see that?"
Her: "I'd love to!!!!!!!11111eleven!!!111"
Me: <click>
It's the humor in the in-betweens you're watching it for. Just ignore the plot... you know they'd like to Tiger

(April 16, 2013 at 4:21 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Part of my pre-first date ritual:

Me: "Hey, want to do something Saturday night?"
Her: "Sure! What are you thinking?"
Me: "There's a new romantic comedy playing, would you like to see that?"
Her: "I'd love to!!!!!!!11111eleven!!!111"
Me: <click>

Yeah... there's that. Unless it works in reverse.

If you suggested it to me, I'd probably make up something along the lines of "Oh... I just remembered <random bullshit>".

That, or suggest you stab yourself and go nab myself a girl through my surefire avoid very clear pickup lines until we're practically ready to fuck.

Or she'll be totally oblivious, which is more likely.

Better idea: present a couple of options of things relevant to your interests... see which she goes for.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
ha ha fucking ha!

I never really did like these movies and when any girlfriends (as in friends that happen to be girls, not girlfr... you get it) suggested going to see one, I either made up an excuse to not go, or went but felt uncomfortable, huge, and all of a sudden boyish and awkward. I'm so glad I don't have friends anymore. Tongue
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steve Martin Comedy vs. Religious Reality AFTT47 1 440 February 9, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Succubus
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2453 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3188 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dumbest Thing Some Has Every Said To You Amarok 54 9089 August 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What level of dominance/submission do you expect from a romantic partner? paulpablo 51 14005 February 13, 2017 at 6:08 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Not every pedophile is a rapist. Macoleco 205 17497 October 26, 2016 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6912 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Obscure excellent comedy robvalue 3 601 April 1, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Every post WINS !!! vorlon13 133 7358 February 24, 2016 at 5:11 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  You Learn Something Every Day. Minimalist 1 739 February 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: abaris