Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Not Hell then what?
If Not Hell then what?
If you believe Hell to be immoral or just plain wrong, then what would you suggest God do with those who do not want to serve Him for eternity?
RE: If Not Hell then what?
Leave them be.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Why must there be a punishment for those who do not want to "serve him"?
Don't you think that after a few billion souls there, he should have enough to be "served"?
Almost anything that doesn't have me being tormented for eternity is a start.
Pffft, I don't know why other Atheists are so concerned with this. It's a fictional place, it's fun to tease Christians about the supposed omnibenevolence of their God in the face of their scripture but not worthy of a serious discussion.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
As if an alternative to a non-event has to be offered. Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 18, 2013 at 10:07 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Leave them be.

Leave them be what? Dead?
(April 18, 2013 at 10:26 am)Drich Wrote: Leave them be what? Dead?

Sounds good to me. I'm not expecting anything else.
(April 18, 2013 at 10:10 am)pocaracas Wrote: Why must there be a punishment for those who do not want to "serve him"?
I think the punishment is only a matter of perspective. Which is why I asked if not Hell then what would you want for yourself?
Quote:Don't you think that after a few billion souls there, he should have enough to be "served"?
I believe the 'service' we will be asked to do is care for and maintain the infinate universe... After all what else will keep an immortal busy for eternity?

(April 18, 2013 at 10:12 am)Insanity x Wrote: Almost anything that doesn't have me being tormented for eternity is a start.

So, if God simply placed you on/in a blank space/White limbo prision as in THX 1138 this would be all you would want for eternity?

(April 18, 2013 at 10:18 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: it's fun to tease Christians about the supposed omnibenevolence of their God in the face of their scripture
The lack of scriptural support to an 'omnibenevolent God' would mean God does not claim to be omnibenevolent does it not?
You're still talking about imprisonment...you clearly don't understand (or are unwilling to consider the notion of )

-leaving someone be-
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35162 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2273 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2574 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ...And then there are the days He is silent. Drich 75 16399 May 3, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6964 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Since Heaven and Hell are not temporal .. Brakeman 130 23908 December 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6725 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Hell does NOT exist in the bible? 1tasolo 24 7960 February 3, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If I want a made up God then I'll have Aslan Puddleglum 16 5498 September 20, 2012 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Hell is not real... catfish 146 74599 August 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope