Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaboom: Texas's turn.
Kaboom: Texas's turn.
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/yinxx177/myblog/...-dead.html

Fertilizer plant in Texas went up in a mushroom cloud. Bomb, sounds like. Scores dead, possibly. Related, or unrelated? I'm gonna go out and say related.

Not sure why but I care slightly less about this one than I did about the Boston bombing. Maybe it's because it's Texas and I've spent a lot of time genuinely wanting the entire state to go up in a mushroom cloud, and now a mushroom cloud went up there and I feel kinda just like "Well that's not what I was hoping for, I was hoping for the entire state to just go away...but now I also feel horrible cuz now people actually died."

Yeahhh, I'm a terrible person.
RE: Kaboom: Texas's turn.
..............foulplay isn't required for an explosion at a fertilizer plant Creed(everything there is explosive)...don't jump the gun.
(also, it happens more often than you might think..usually there aren't many people at the plants - automation-)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Got enough elipses there? Tongue

My money's on bombing. Fertilizer plants are often usually pretty safe for obvious reasons. Could be unrelated. Doubt it is. We'll see.
A hundred bucks says it is unrelated.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
LOL, nah, they're not safe at all (that was the driving force behind automation). Check oshas stats on it, minor explosions and other malfunctions are downright common- it's just that they don't usually result in casualties.

Explosive compounds have a habit of exploding. Mind you, I'm not ruling it out, just saying that an explosion at a facility that manufactures explosives isn't strong enough grounds to say "foulplay" or "related".

Never assign to malice what can be explained by ignorance(or cost cutting...lol).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The AP says the plant was cited back in 2006…
Quote:The Associated Press reported early Thursday morning that the Texas fertilizer plant in which the massive explosion took place Wednesday was cited in 2006 for failing to obtain or qualify for a permit.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/...onia-leak/
The Blaze article also states that someone was complaining about a strong ammonia odor coming from the plant, but that was in 2006… Still, my money's on unsafe conditions in the plant.
Well, if you let ammonia leak for seven years, you're just asking for trouble.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 18, 2013 at 11:18 am)Rhythm Wrote: Never assign to malice what can be explained by ignorance(or cost cutting...lol).

Mmm. Cost-cutting. I turn that over in my head a few times and suddenly I'm starting to go "HMMMMH..."

It just seems a bit too perfectly timed is all. The bombings in Boston then only a couple days later a fertilizer plant in Texas goes mushroom-cloud. Maybe if it were more spaced out I'd chalk it up to a safety failure or something and not consider it, but the proximity of timing...well...it leaves me suspicious.

Still though. Cited for safety hazards. Maybe it was an accident. Guess we'll see in a few days.
America seems to be having a great week.
Cunt
There are lots of videos of the explosion… I don't know why I find that surprising, this is Texas we're talking about… If I saw a fertilizer plant on fire, my first instinct would be to go speedily in the opposite direction, not say, "Hey kids!!! The fertilizer plant is on fire! Let's go check it out!" -__-

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1465 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4388 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 791 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 941 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Interesting Turn of Events in California Minimalist 25 3080 May 12, 2018 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Republicunts Turn Against the CBO Minimalist 3 621 July 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Oh Texas! Thump, how do you bear it? Whateverist 15 1582 August 24, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Turn the Screws, Hillary... Minimalist 2 421 August 12, 2016 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Texas looks to follow UK's example T.J. 173 14922 June 28, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Interesting Turn of Events.... Minimalist 0 603 December 16, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist