Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it normal be a hetro-sexual and having no relationship experience?
Is it normal be a hetro-sexual and having no relationship experience?
Hello, I'm almost thirty-one and I have yet to be in any type of relationship with the opposite-sex. The strange thing about it is the I primarily do not care that I have no sex-life nor a desire for a partner in life. As well, I find computers and electronics more appealing then woman(not in a sexual way). If you told me, "Hey, Sterben a friend of mine is looking to start dating. She's a nice girl and I think you two have a lot in common. Would you like to join (Your partners name ), and (Your name) for a dinner date?" I would really not want to go, on the grounds of I rather be taking photos of a landscape or a activity I can do by myself.

Getting personal with people bothers me in so many ways, unless I have known them for quite a while and even then I'm still uncomfortable. Does this make a strange or sick person? If so, give a few reasons why.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: Is it normal be a hetro-sexual and having no relationship experience?
Well, I don't know about normal, but you're not alone. Partly due to a triple threat of A) an autism spectrum disorder, B) horrific experiences in childhood making me more anti-social than the average bear, and C) a foot fetish, I have yet to have a proper relationship. The closest I've come to one is seemingly hitting it off with a girl who actually seemed to be okay with my foot fetish (the fact that she walked barefoot everywhere until the Chicago weather became less amenable to that may have had something to do with it), and, once she figured out I wanted to be her boyfriend, said two words that guaranteed I could never be hers.

Then again, even if she was straight, I can't be sure the process of actually being in a relationship would be good. Have you seen The Phantom Thread? Apart from being yet another masterpiece from Paul Thomas Anderson with yet another masterful performance from Daniel Day-Lewis, it struck a chord with me because of the way Reynolds and Alma's relationship developed: At first, they're happy together, then he falls back into his solitary ways and he starts to view her as something of an intrusion on his life.

Then, Alma hits upon a plan: mushroom poisoning. She does not kill him, however. The mushroom she picked is poisonous, but not deadly. It will cause cramping, vomiting, and diarrhea, but he will survive, and in the meantime, Alma will nurse him back to health. When he's well, he proposes to her, and eventually he comes back full circle to the point where she has to use the mushroom again. This time, she tells him exactly what she's been doing, and what she expects to happen. He happily goes along with it.

And I suspect that if the girl I knew was straight and ended up in a relationship, the biggest difference would be that she probably might not have had the bright idea of mushroom poisoning.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
From what I gathered, I should be embracing my lack of experience and really consider the prospect that I will never wind up with anyone. Or am I misunderstanding the response?

[Image: 4567972_1024x1024_original.jpeg]

You need this type of anime pillows.
(March 8, 2018 at 1:53 am)purplepurpose Wrote: [Image: 4567972_1024x1024_original.jpeg]

You need this which come with the pillow

Your quite funny with your Yaoi. I would prefer something along the lines of this for company. (https://imgur.com/a/WJnGK)

It's always nice to have the person you love (and who loves you back) sleeping next to you every night. And you doing nice things for them, and they doing nice things for you, every now and then.

But it's also ok to be single, even for the rest of your life (so long as it doesn't cause you much misery). Relationships aren't always as rosy as people make them out to be. If you don't have good self-awareness, you're just not good at picking the right person to be with for the rest of your life, you're too self-absorbed, then [long-term] relationships might be tricky and eventually misery-inducing for you (even if you're strongly craving it now while you're still single or still in "honeymoon" phase with the person you're infatuated with).

Of course, I am speaking from a strictly monogamous standpoint as I have no experience with polyamorous/polygamous relationships, and therefore no first-hand awareness of its benefits.
I'd say there's nothing wrong with it at all. It's unusual, but it doesn't make you sick. It just means you're being true to yourself. It would be dishonest and likely very hurtful for both parties if you entered a relationship that you weren't sure you really wanted. You're not hurting anyone else by keeping out of relationships.

I think the important question is if you are happy. If so, then I'd say not to worry about it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
And just to add to the above, don't worry about what other people might say or be thinking, how you live your life is nobody's business but your own.
Look on the bright side, you're a wizard.
My opinion is it's a lot more normal and common than the world with its media and movies and happy faces and smiley couples lets on.

I didn't even kiss a girl until I was 25. At 25 I had one RL relationship for a year and a half.... nothing since. I've still never been on a date. I'm 29.

At this point I'd rather be alone than in a relationship like that, she was a bitch and so crap in bed I prefer masturbation.

And I know that I'm not a weirdo who just doesn't like sex as much as masturbation.... because a few months prior to my relationship with her I actually lost my virginity to someone else. That person wasn't my girlfriend, that person was a married woman I had an affair with.... and the sex with her was amazing. I'd take THAT over masturbation any day lol.

But yeah, some sex is so vanilla and samey day to day that even if sex can be compared to pizza, that it's still good even when it's bad..... I'd get pretty fucking bored of pizza every day. But the adventures I have with myself masturbating is like getting to try all the salads in the world Big Grin But sex with my first and only RL girlfriend was just like Margarita pizza over and over and over until the end of time. Still, despite the variety and adventure, it's a pity that my relationship with myself is only salads lol.

The married woman I lost my virginity to, that was like getting to temporarily connoisseur 80% of all the worlds most awesome foods... the remaining 20% being only too adventurous even for her. Pity it only lasted two weeks because, ya know, what if we got caught. Lol.

I don't even really like salads much. And I love pizza. But the same flavor pizza over and over? No thanks. Especially when it's 'over and over' like... once a month if I'm lucky towards the end. Lol. I'd rather have any kind of salad I want whenever I want.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2033 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Headaches and your Personal Experience. Disagreeable 26 882 February 11, 2022 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Having, collecting and hoarding onlinebiker 67 3486 April 13, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1671 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Social media and sexual harrasment GODZILLA 40 5460 July 5, 2018 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Any of you guys experience this? (Part 2) Foxaèr 6 1696 June 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Any other guys experience this? Foxaèr 61 8486 April 16, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: johan
  Share your protocol for having a cold Catholic_Lady 67 5744 March 25, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1138 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Being right in a relationship Foxaèr 41 3522 October 31, 2017 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: brewer