Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do feminists have such a bad reputation?
Why do feminists have such a bad reputation?
I think it is because of people like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYyGTmcP80

But unfortunately she isn't rare.
RE: Why do feminists have such a bad reputation?
Most educated women in respectable, or semi-respectable parts of the world not including parts of the US Would have been considered radical feminists a century ago.

That the position feminism has advocated has since become so mainstream that the contrary would be widely regarded as barbaric bespeaks of a success that a few artificial quibbles about what a few on the fringe might say seems silly.
Why is she shouting at them when they are all calm? I got fed up listening because she was just far too aggressive.
Obviously sexually frustrated and in need of a good lay. Fix her up a treat.

After that she can make the man a nice breakfast.
(April 22, 2013 at 10:34 am)Insanity x Wrote: Why is she shouting at them when they are all calm? I got fed up listening because she was just far too aggressive.

Exactly. She's extremely obnoxious to the point that she seems like a charicature. But this is really the true face of feminism. Feminism isn't about equality, it's about greedy, unfeminine women wanting more and more and more. I detest feminists but I detest male feminists almost as much. Yuk. Give me a humble, modest, feminine woman any day.

(April 22, 2013 at 10:38 am)JesusHChrist Wrote: Obviously sexually frustrated and in need of a good lay. Fix her up a treat.

After that she can make the man a nice breakfast.

Maybe you're saying that in jest (the last bit) but actually it's true, these feminists need to learn that to be attractive to men requires certain behaviours.
I made it 3 minutes in... Are there any actual points being made? Or is it just people on the street screaming at each other?
I consider myself a feminist... A stay-at-home-mommy, feminist. Women should have equal rights, and that includes the freedom to choose what makes them feel fulfilled and happy, be it work outside the home, work from home, or foregoing (or putting on hold) their career to raise kids (though I do think some changes need to be made in this area, ie: gaps in resumes and the difficulty in getting jobs). What I find fulfilling is another woman's personal hell, and that's okay. It's when society forces women (or any other group) to fit in a box that problems arise.
(April 22, 2013 at 10:43 am)festive1 Wrote: I made it 3 minutes in... Are there any actual points being made? Or is it just people on the street screaming at each other?
I consider myself a feminist... A stay-at-home-mommy, feminist. Women should have equal rights, and that includes the freedom to choose what makes them feel fulfilled and happy, be it work outside the home, work from home, or foregoing (or putting on hold) their career to raise kids (though I do think some changes need to be made in this area, ie: gaps in resumes and the difficulty in getting jobs). What I find fulfilling is another woman's personal hell, and that's okay. It's when society forces women (or any other group) to fit in a box that problems arise.

I agree that no one should be forced into a box, but you have to consider that people are at their best when they are in a particular role. I wouldn't force a woman to be traditional, but I would prefer her to be traditional, and women need to take note of what men are attracted to. If a woman sincerely wants to do this or that in whatever way she wants, that's fine, as long as feminists aren't forcing her. Women should just be themselves, and it just so happens that there's a particular way of being that is naturally attractive and appealing to men, just like there's a natural masculine manner which is attractive to women.

If you've ever looked at women's dating profiles, you'll notice a massive difference in the way that western women sell themselves compared to women from other parts of the world.

For example, a typical western woman will sell herself as being confident, career minded, sarcastic (I see that one a lot), blunt, a party girl, and so on. The kind of guy she's looking for has to be : confident, a certain height, a certain look, have certain interests, and so on. A lot of superficial requirements, and they tend to state preferences rather than necessities.

By contrast, a filipino girl (I use this as an excellent example) will typically sell herself as being kind, sweet, humble, respectful, feminine, gentle, hard working, good with money, affectionate, etc. The kind of guy she's looking for is someone who is nice, kind, and not much else really. Not demanding, and focussed on what is really important.

It's like night and day. Western women have very much lost touch with what men want.

I'm all for equality but you have to be careful what you mean by equality. Men and women have equal value but their roles are largely quite different. Women have certain strengths but western women are so busy trying to be like men that they neglect their natural strengths. And in a way that negates all talk of equality because by trying to be like a man, it's like you're giving up on your womanhood. It's like a black slave trying to act free by painting their face white, or a cat trying to be equal to a dog by barking. It doesn't work.

Feminists confuse being of equal value with being the same. That doesn't work either. And when you criticise them, out comes the shaming language. Feminism damages womanhood. Women should be women, rather than arbitrarily trying to be different just for the sake of being different. Women already have an identity, there's no need to take on men's identities or try to create weird new ones. If a woman is genuinely "different", so be it, but seriously, most aren't.
Quote:Women already have an identity, there's no need to take on men's identities or try to create weird new ones. If a woman is genuinely "different", so be it, but seriously, most aren't.

Agreed.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Stop using the world "natural". It isn't. It's a cultural norm of this particular time. You can be attractive to someone no matter what you do, it just might not be the someone you want, or you might not have found that someone.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Re: RE: Why do feminists have such a bad reputation?
(April 22, 2013 at 10:58 am)Macky Avelli Wrote: Feminists confuse being of equal value with being the same. That doesn't work either. And when you criticise them, out comes the shaming language. Feminism damages womanhood. Women should be women, rather than arbitrarily trying to be different just for the sake of being different. Women already have an identity, there's no need to take on men's identities or try to create weird new ones. If a woman is genuinely "different", so be it, but seriously, most aren't.
what he said

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Reputation Roadmap Foxaèr 0 190 September 14, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How do you have so many reputation points? Macoleco 55 4432 August 3, 2019 at 10:04 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1734 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1436 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 368 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 474 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1138 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How long can a Subway sandwich last in the refrigerator before it goes bad? Cthulhu Awakening 11 6482 December 24, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10686 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Why are TSA agents such assholes? NuclearEnergy 11 5567 May 28, 2017 at 1:50 am
Last Post: vorlon13