Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School for Christianity
School for Christianity
This thread is an open invitation to an individual seeking to display his amazing knowledge of The Christian Faith. I was just hoping to start it in his honor so that I may be a pupil to such wisdom... Let's go bud...The floor is ALL yours. What's the first lesson?

(May 3, 2013 at 4:24 am)Aractus Wrote: Are you seriously trying to school me on Christianity???
Nope, I'm a roast...baste me with your wisdom.

I'm waiting, oh-wise one.
RE: School for Christianity
This is going to be interesting... Popcorn
Indeed...
I've got a question - just in case a teacher shows up for this class. (If not, perhaps we can have a discussion section?)

My question is what is the core value/message of Christianity? My follow up question would be can that message stand on its own without a literal sacrifice or god? I guess what I'm really asking is if there is a value to the essential Christian world view which transcends the supernatural. I suspect such Christians do exist whether or not there are any on this site.

Okay for those who may be struggling with this may I suggest some multiple choice responses. If the teacher, or at least the loyal opposition shows up, perhaps they can suggest some other response alternatives.

(A) Self abasement is the way. Humble yourself. Strive to be a good sheep at God's feet. Cast out all pride. Don't think too hard about anything for truly the truth is beyond us. We are and will ever be as an infant before God. When you get a chance, climb up into God's lap and get a hug. That, in short, is the purpose of your existence.

(B) Live your life in such a way as to earn your ticket to heaven. Have all the fun in this life you can without getting that ticket cancelled. God loves to see his faithful rewarded with bounty in this life. Celebrate good times, people. Happiness is the reward of the righteous.

© The greatest happiness/fulfillment is found through self transcendence. Identify with more than yourself. Don't get hung up on your narrow self interest. Love (or strive to love) others as you love yourself. Don't make this life all about you.

(D) Other, please explain.
If the prof is more than 15 minutes late, can we just leave and get an early lunch? I'm starving.
Quote:My question is what is the core value/message of Christianity?

STFU, do what you're told, pay to support the church...and you'll get your reward in "heaven."

(Meanwhile....god's servants will just clean up down here.)

Xtianity is a religion to make serfs happy in their drudgery.
(May 3, 2013 at 1:55 pm)Texas Sailor Wrote: This thread is an open invitation to an individual seeking to display his amazing knowledge of The Christian Faith. I was just hoping to start it in his honor so that I may be a pupil to such wisdom... Let's go bud...The floor is ALL yours. What's the first lesson?

What exactly constitutes "knowledge" of a thing that is all in someone's head?

Perhaps it is more useful to ask for knowledge of the cognitive pathology that put it in someone's head than to ask for knowledge of what was put in his head.
When the student is ready, the teacher will arrive.
(May 3, 2013 at 3:31 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: When the student is ready, the teacher will arrive.

Oooh I like that game. When the teacher comes in and finds me ready, she invariably uses me for her own gratification. At least I get high marks this way.

(May 3, 2013 at 3:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Xtianity is a religion to make serfs happy in their drudgery.

I doubt that it was concocted for that purpose but I'm sure there has been more than one wily, wealthy & powerful person who realized how to exploit this potential.
(May 3, 2013 at 3:38 pm)whateverist Wrote: Oooh I like that game. When the teacher comes in and finds me ready, she invariably uses me for her own gratification. At least I get high marks this way.

Go on.....does she have her hair up in a bun and is wearing glasses?

Snacks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1228 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1313 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2212 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 969 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The church in my school yard Der/die AtheistIn 12 1998 August 25, 2017 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18629 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Lightbulb christian school project lighthouse 296 33312 October 13, 2016 at 10:27 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  School Indoctrination zebo-the-fat 4 1326 September 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  William Lane Craig's last math class was in high school?! Jehanne 24 4431 February 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus