Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist view on formation of...
Atheist view on formation of...
Israel. What is the atheistic view on the formation of the country and culture of Israel? What possibilities are there other than the views outlined by what is seen within The Bible?
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL
RE: Atheist view on formation of...
(May 3, 2013 at 4:36 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: Israel. What is the atheistic view on the formation of the country and culture of Israel? What possibilities are there other than the views outlined by what is seen within The Bible?

Depends which atheist you talk to.
(May 3, 2013 at 4:36 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: Israel. What is the atheistic view on the formation of the country and culture of Israel? What possibilities are there other than the views outlined by what is seen within The Bible?

There is no atheistic view on the formation of country and culture of Israel.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

There is no atheistic view on the formation of country and culture of Israel.
[/quote]

If no logical and naturalistic view can explain the formation of the country then it seems to me the only way to explain their formation is by what is seen in The Bible or in the Torah, which involves assistance by a higher power who had supposedly made himself known to them and laid the foundation for their entire society. Therefore, could it be possible that the entire culture of Israel can be seen somewhat as a proof to the existence of Yahweh and then later on his supposed son Yah'shua?

The atheist view is god didn't promise the land of Isreal to the Jews because god lack the prerequsit - called existence - for doing so.

That's it.
(May 3, 2013 at 5:07 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: If no logical and naturalistic view can explain the formation of the country then it seems to me the only way to explain their formation is by what is seen in The Bible or in the Torah, which involves assistance by a higher power who had supposedly made himself known to them and laid the foundation for their entire society. Therefore, could it be possible that the entire culture of Israel can be seen somewhat as a proof to the existence of Yahweh and then later on his supposed son Yah'shua?
Wut? Just use wikipedia. There's nothing divine about forming of Israel, unless the UN is God

Edit: if you ask about the very beginning of Israel then it was just like any "country" at that time. A bunch of dudes fought against other dudes for a territory.
They formed the same way every other Bronze Age culture did: they grouped together, invented or stole a deity or two, killed their neighbors, and took their land. There's nothing special about it.
I would ask the Pope of Atheism what our position is but........

WE DON'T FUCKING HAVE ONE.

(I think the establishment of Israel was a massive land-theft. I'm sure there are some who will disagree vehemently.)
Wasn't Israel created after WWII, by the UN, as a place to settle the surviving concentration camp jews?
(May 3, 2013 at 5:41 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Wasn't Israel created after WWII, by the UN, as a place to settle the surviving concentration camp jews?

The Israel i'm asking about is the one that is described in The Bible and Torah. I've been doing research and I keep finding sites that seem to claim that The Bible lays out the historical formation of the ancient nation of Israel very accurately, give or take some details depending on a minimalist or maximalist view.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35429 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Atheists, whats your view on "Stefan Molyneux" Aneiu1 1 569 November 13, 2021 at 7:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Best argument for Atheism in my view Kimoev 29 3966 September 5, 2019 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Vince
  The Christian view of life being superior to the Atheist one Dolorian 16 3380 October 26, 2014 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Formation of life. C4RM5 15 2103 September 22, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Christians please view this all the way through Manowar 0 959 February 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Manowar
  A better way to view atheists. Brian37 5 1734 November 11, 2013 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: freedomfromforum
  another point of view SON OF FALCON 10 3273 July 3, 2012 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thor
  View: Atheists should stop joking about Satan NoMoreFaith 63 21210 March 11, 2012 at 10:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Request a reply to a Christian's view of Christopher Hitchens Forsaken 25 7550 December 20, 2011 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda