Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Everything explained. There is a God - bugger!
Everything explained. There is a God - bugger!
God came to me in a dream last night and explained everything to me on the understanding I would share it all with you on line this morning.

I have to say some of the things she said were a bit of a shock. I was also going to say that some of you may find the truth upsetting but that is not the case – you all will.

Please remember I am merely her worthless servant here so don't shoot the messenger.

As follows:

THE BASICS

Yes – there is a God and she is pretty pissed off.

Yes – she created the universe as a deliberate act and did so fine tuning it to support life.

No – she didn't do it for us.

No – she doesn't listen to prayers. She was hoping that was something we would all grow out of when we saw how totally ineffective they were. That we haven't, she wanted to stress, was not really our own fault. See below – Not our fault.

As she herself said she really doesn't need us to tell her how magnificent she is – she already knows that.

No – she is not actually totally omniscient. As she explained if she genuinely knew everything that was going to happen she would be suicidal in moments. How much boredom do you think she could stand?

No – she doesn't have a chosen people, no she hasn't sent anyone down to us be they sons or prophets and no she doesn't understand the Buddhists either.

NOT OUR FAULT

Apparently there are side affects to the rapid evolution of a large brain in a primate. Chief amongst these is an incredibly egocentric view of the universe that is apparently almost impossible to shake off. This is coupled to an astonishing imagination, ability to create fantasy and susceptibility to illusion. These illusions are often so real to us that they are indistinguishable from reality. This is something we all suffer from apparently – even Atheists. Atheists were correct in observing that if there is a caring God there is no evidence of it but then had to conclude there was no God instead of making the quantum leap that there is a caring God but that God doesn't care for us.

SHE CONTINUED

She is the most complex and developed creature there has been or ever could be. We were not created in her image – what would the interest be to her to oversee the shenanigans of pale images of caricatures of herself?

She also wanted to summarize the following just to we are all clear:

The universe is 13.7 billion years old. The Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Life on this planet is 3.5 billion years old. Humanity is 100,000 years old. What do we think she was doing whilst she waited for us to appear?

She also mentioned that there are something around 10^23 stars in the known universe. Life unique to this planet? Hardly.

BTW – the universe is entirely digital so it doesn't need any real interference from her. Evolution is a wild card program that misbehaves from time to time and fires off when she least expects it.

SO WHAT IS IT ALL ABOUT?

In simple terms her fascination with life is at the polar opposite end of the spectrum from her. In other words single celled microbial life (SCM's). There is more interest for her in a single drop of water than in all the churches and temples humans have ever created.

SCM's perform all the necessary functions of life in the simplest possible form. They breath, eat, excrete, multiply, seek out food, avoid being eaten, respond to stimulus and survive just as any of the higher forms do.

The whole history of the earth has been but a single day for her. She placed microbial life on the planet and then delighted in watching it all afternoon. At some point in the late pm hours she went to make a cup of Tea and when she came back she was astonished to see multicellular organisms all over the place.

This infuriated her and she wiped out a huge swath of them in an instant. There was probably only about 10% of them left when she realized that she'd left the biscuits in the kitchen and in the time she gone and got them multicellular life had rebounded with new and astonishing creatures.

Again she wiped them out only to get distracted and again they rebounded.

Five times this happened during the evening. On one occasion she got so angry she hurled a rock at the thing.

Anyway she now realizes that it is totally pointless trying to stop multicellular stuff from ruining her view so she's leaving it well enough alone. We have till she goes to bed and turns the lights off.

That is all.
RE: Everything explained. There is a God - bugger!
[Image: 38473240.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m6rqqapeVV1qh5mm9o1_500.gif]

Time to stop taking hardcore drugs, Max Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Re: Everything explained. There is a God - bugger!
I had that same dream once!

I don't know which disturbs me more: max's dream, or the fact that you have that graphic.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Topic being dreams, I always wake up when I realize I jumped in the air far too high Big Grin

LSD made me god once... bad trip dude Big Grin
(June 6, 2013 at 7:42 am)apophenia Wrote: I don't know which disturbs me more: max's dream, or the fact that you have that graphic.

Tumblr my friend, Tumblr Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 6, 2013 at 6:00 am)max-greece Wrote: Please remember I am merely her worthless servant here so don't shoot the messenger.

[Image: thatssotrue_6035_1332584939.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
This feels like an attempt at Kneel Suckers
God would have to be a woman. That explains both giving life and the extreme bitchiness and mood swings of the weather.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11164 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  How Can We Have Moral Direction If God Controls Everything? Rhondazvous 87 7717 August 22, 2021 at 10:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1411 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3537 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7030 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4496 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Islam - the Peaceful Religion: Explained Darwins Disciple 31 3483 August 26, 2018 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3620 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  There is no doubt a god, the question is what is it? Mystic 144 16852 April 11, 2017 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is Trump absolute Proof that there's no loving god? The Valkyrie 16 3467 February 22, 2017 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris