Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman arrested 396 times finally gets treatment
Woman arrested 396 times finally gets treatment
Arrested 396 times, woman finally ordered to treatment
A Chicago woman with 396 arrests on her record has been sent to a court-ordered treatment program.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/Blog/2013...z2WA9uGM3k

On Monday, the Sun-Times reported that Miles had finally been ordered to mental health and substance abuse treatment.

“All of us are reaching out to you and offering you, maybe for the first time in your life, a hand, OK?” Judge Peggy Chiampas told her as she accepted her plea deal. “But you’ve got to reach out and grab all of our hands as well.”

“I just want to thank you," Miles told Chiampas. “I’m not that person."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/Blog/2013...z2WA9lFRTM

And people wonder why the jails are full, the police over-worked, the justice system flooded, and our streets full of crime and drugs. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR SYSTEM??? WHY HASN'T IT BEEN FIXED YET???
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Woman arrested 396 times finally gets treatment
No money in fixing it.
No money in not fixing it either! Cities are going bankrupt..
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

Read and learn, young Jedi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison%E2%8...al_complex

Quote:Journalist Jonathan Kay in the National Post defined the prison industrial complex as a corrupt human-warehousing operation that combines the worst qualities of government (its power to coerce) and private enterprise (greed). He states that inmates are kept in inhuman conditions and that the need to preserve the economic advantage of a full prison leads prison leaders to thwart any effort or reforms that might reduce recidivism and incarcerations.[9]

Rich cocksuckers don't care about the cities. This is a way to stuff money into their own pockets in the name of "law and order."
Oh I see. They make money, and tax payers clean up the mess. And the people suffer. Cops die, and so does society. Whose bought off with prison jobs and prison incomes to the community. Lovely. Betcha those politicians are god fearin moral springs of fantasticness though what do you bet? Most of the in mates are religious too.
Which is defeatest from the get go. No one can solve my problems but god! Oh wait, my problems aren't solving. God must want me to suffer in his plan. I gotta do things I shouldn't to survive. I gotta take drugs to forget my sins.
Bull.

Illinois State to give Roseland Community Hospital $350,000in emergency cash to stay open

Gov. Pat Quinn says bailout nota long-termsolution

Illinois will give about $350,000 in emergency cash to Roseland Community Hospital to allow the financially distressed Far South Side hospital to avert a threatened shutdown.

The "temporary assistance," announced Wednesday afternoon by Gov. Pat Quinn's office, aims to keep the hospital open while its board and state officials develop a long-term plan to put the safety-net hospital on solid financial footing.

June 06, 2013 | By

Look I'm all pro-drugs but if you got arrested 396 times you should go to jail just out of the stupidity of getting arrested 396 times.

EDIT: Just finished reading the profile the Sun-Times did on her. Fuck her. This woman is an asshole.
Wow the comments on that link are pretty sad.

"Steve (2 days ago)
Should be put to death as a true sign of human waste! That said, she belongs in Chicago as the two were made for one another ... "

"OnlymeGA (2 days ago)
One word. Euthanize. "
(June 14, 2013 at 8:10 am)HAL9000 Wrote: Wow the comments on that link are pretty sad.

"Steve (2 days ago)
Should be put to death as a true sign of human waste! That said, she belongs in Chicago as the two were made for one another ... "

"OnlymeGA (2 days ago)
One word. Euthanize. "

Pretty typical if you've ever read the comments on Yahoo news articles. I'm firmly convinced that Yahoo comments is the cesspool of internet comments.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I think it is sad. She obviously needed help way before this. I also think talking bad about her is pointless and a waste of energy.
My mother always said actions speak louder than words. So lets take a look at this crazy woman's actions.

Quote:Rolon recognized Shermain Miles because he’s seen her more times than he can count — drunk, half-naked, cursing and, on one occasion, lunging at another woman with a dinner fork.

Quote:Since 1978, Chicago Police alone have arrested Miles 396 times, mostly on the North Side — under at least 83 different aliases. Those arrests include 92 for theft, 65 for disorderly conduct, 59 for prostitution-related crimes and five for robbery or attempted robbery.

Quote:Miles is a master at working the system, says Rolon. She fakes seizures that mean costly hospital visits. She gets judges to delay her cases. And then she returns to the streets to be arrested again and again — so many times that she ranks in the top 1 percent for all current CPD arrestees.

Quote:Police arrested her last August, when — after a day of allegedly slapping, punching and generally harassing folks on a stretch of Broadway in Uptown — she is accused of chasing after Ald. James Cappleman (46th). That arrest landed her back in prison for a possible parole violation of a 2010 conviction for robbing a 75-year-old Bosnian immigrant at knifepoint.

Mujo Cesic, Miles’ victim in the knife robbery, wants another option.

“She should never be released,” said Cesic, a firefighter in his native Bosnia who spoke through a translator.

Just a few of the many bad things she has done. To be fair the article also included that she had come from an abusive family and was placed in a foster home. And to a certain degree I would feel bad for her and would generally cut her a little slack. But 400 arrests is just too much. That is someone I no longer feel bad for. She held an old dude up at knife point!

Just an absolute waste of human potential.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/19542...times.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing treatment by democratic consensus as default (living wills) Duty 25 1132 October 7, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Wyoming Senator gets booed at Commencement. Jehanne 4 656 May 17, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  When Trump finally acknowledges a death... arewethereyet 68 3855 September 27, 2020 at 6:58 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Giuliani associates arrested onlinebiker 5 509 October 10, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1793 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Biden finally jumps in.... Brian37 55 4158 May 25, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] Arrested Citizens Being Tortured In Saudi Arabia WinterHold 0 344 February 21, 2019 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Will I get arrested for wearing this slogan in England? Duty 43 3597 December 19, 2018 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  My Word. How Times Have Changed! Minimalist 8 910 October 6, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4331 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead