Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dark Knight Part 4: The Man of Steel
The Dark Knight Part 4: The Man of Steel
As a longtime fan of the Superman mythos, I can definitely say I was one of many viewers who left the theater feeling a little empty inside. There was no joy in this tale of the Son of Krypton. There was no pressing urge for our "hero" to even be a hero, as he evidently allowed so many to fall victim to the villain, and he was more content to stay on his "island" suggested to him by Martha Kent. To end everything with him telling the U.S. Government to piss off, that he will do whatever he pleases, is not setting him up as the guardian of earth...rather, he will be its conqueror.

Not to mention, the religious undertones (overtones?) are dominant in this film, which makes any free-thinking fan of comic book heroes cringe in response to this redesign of their beloved Man of Steel. If Zack Snyder is going to equate this character to Jesus, then this is one Superman I do not believe in.

What say you?
RE: The Dark Knight Part 4: The Man of Steel
I saw it last Sunday. While my interpretation doesn't exactly match yours, I did find the character development to be sorely lacking. The action sequences were reasonably well-done, but I thought too drawn-out, resulting in a too-long movie.

I am not a huge fan of the Superman franchise, but I suspect that non-fans will like it a lot better than fans.
RE: The Dark Knight Part 4: The Man of Steel
I thought it good mainly because the visuals rocked.
I am not a fan of out of sequence story telling though and so was little surprised that the first time you saw post krypton supes he was already saving people, then disappearing incredible hulk style.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  His Dark Materials Foxaèr 5 595 August 12, 2022 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Reasons to detest young people. Part one. Succubus 16 2837 December 19, 2017 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Fireball
  His Dark Materials CatholicDefender 8 1523 September 1, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Dark Tower-Film Shell B 28 3189 August 6, 2017 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Would you recommend his dark materials? snerie 16 5359 June 15, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: John V
  A dark night WinterHold 1 639 November 20, 2016 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  His Dark Materials? TrueChristian 19 10320 February 3, 2016 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Remedy for Memory (sorta dark) Longhorn 16 3733 August 18, 2015 at 4:49 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Join the Dark Side, Obi Wan is no hero. Brian37 20 6742 March 4, 2014 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: eyemixer
  Some little knight-guys I drew for a project. Annik 3 1345 February 28, 2013 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Kayenneh