Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The End Game of Atheism
The End Game of Atheism
What is it?

Asked a different way, what is the end goal of Atheism?
RE: The End Game of Atheism
It isn't an end game. From what I have read on your posts, I think you are reading to much into atheism.
Atheism is simply saying god does not exist.
That is the only thread that ties atheist together. We might disagree about EVERYTHING else.
I personally think, you might want to read up on different atheistic and antagonistic positions.
None, atheism is just the disbelief in god or gods, not a worldview, not a religion. Is that so hard to understand?

As to purposes and philosophies, you will have to ask each atheist individually.
(June 26, 2013 at 10:13 am)ShadowWolf1986 Wrote: Asked a different way, what is the end goal of Atheism?

There is no goal...
(June 26, 2013 at 10:17 am)LastPoet Wrote: None, atheism is just the disbelief in god or gods, not a worldview, not a religion. Is that so hard to understand?

As to purposes and philosophies, you will have to ask each atheist individually.

I am asking.
There's a goal?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Ummmm never knew there was a goal! I guess it will be like soccer!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(June 26, 2013 at 10:19 am)ShadowWolf1986 Wrote: I am asking.

You will have to be more precise, goal about what?
i have a few goals. My goal is to finish the first draft for my report today. Does that qualify?
(June 26, 2013 at 10:20 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: There's a goal?

Evolution has an end goal, which I understand to be that humans, or whatever orgasm beats us there, become transcended "godlike" beings that shed these mortal bodies and live as immortals.

Perhaps that is the end goal of Atheism? If you stray onto the religious path your evolutionary journey will be abruptly halted by the taint of religion, and your great, great, great, great, etc, grandchildren will never know the eternal bliss of godhood.

Does that make sense?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humanist marriages 'least likely to end in divorce' Duty 20 3404 March 11, 2019 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4122 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How would Abrahamic religions end? mota 18 8647 August 2, 2018 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 26876 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1730 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5110 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  i think we are living in the end times! Rextos 5 1742 December 17, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  how do you think life on earth will end? Rextos 42 6363 November 18, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Religion must end. Spooky 60 9265 April 24, 2015 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12381 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott