Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia - As Fucked Up As Texas
Georgia - As Fucked Up As Texas
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013070...GT682.html

Quote: ATLANTA (AP) - The four Georgia Republicans who want to succeed retiring Sen. Saxby Chambliss all call themselves conservatives who oppose abortion.

Two are congressmen who recently voted in favor of a House bill to outlaw nearly all abortions beyond the 20th week after conception. Another candidate, a former secretary of state with her own national profile in the abortion debate, expressed support for the measure. Meanwhile, Rep. Paul Broun, an obstetrician, voted against it, saying it didn't go far enough. That vote put him alongside abortion-rights advocates yet it garnered a de facto endorsement from a leading anti-abortion group in Georgia.
RE: Georgia - As Fucked Up As Texas
Would you mind backing off of Texas from time to time, Min? We're dealing with this shit the best we can. We don't need outsiders constantly badmouthing us to our faces.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Can't. The asswipes running Errorzona had a similar law struck down a couple of months ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21...14121.html

What does it say about the asswipes you have in Texas who want to play out the same silly exercise.

The only solution for Errorzona, Texas, and Georgia is to stop voting for shitstains like Rick Perry.

Start working on it, will you?
I find it funny when libs scream against prejudice, and then use prejudice against southerners.

And then I like to add that Stephen Colbert is from South Carolina.
(July 5, 2013 at 11:44 pm)Rahul Wrote: Would you mind backing off of Texas from time to time, Min? We're dealing with this shit the best we can. We don't need outsiders constantly badmouthing us to our faces.

You wanna know the best way to deal with that shit?

Leave.

No, I'm joking, but seriously, Texas isn't quite as conservative as, say, Alabama, at least. I think Texas gets the most flak because we're actually hoping you guys will do better. We don't bitch so much about states like Alabama or Mississippi or Utah because, well, we KNOW those states are just fucking lost causes, at least for now. Texas, Georgia, and a couple other states [like Florida], we see potential but we never see that potential realized so we rag on you guys cuz we're disappoint. Yes, disappoint. Without the "ed." Son, we are disappoint...

Don't take offense to it. We're just trying to goad you into being more aggressive. ;D

(July 6, 2013 at 12:12 am)plaincents822 Wrote: I find it funny when libs scream against prejudice, and then use prejudice against southerners.

And then I like to add that Stephen Colbert is from South Carolina.

It's not prejudiced to exhibit prejudice against prejudice...if there was even prejudice existing in this thread to begin with [protip: There's not]. Besides, it's not about the people necessarily as it is the government of the states themselves...and the majority of the people, who are responsible for voting said individuals in.

Nobody's saying "all southerners are retarded inbred hicks." We're saying "The majority of policymakers of southern states are fucking morons and are being elected by the majority of the populations of those states, and the majority are bass-ackwards morons."
(July 5, 2013 at 11:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Can't. The asswipes running Errorzona had a similar law struck down a couple of months ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21...14121.html

What does it say about the asswipes you have in Texas who want to play out the same silly exercise.

The only solution for Errorzona, Texas, and Georgia is to stop voting for shitstains like Rick Perry.

Start working on it, will you?

You do realize you are stereotyping a state that 41% of it's population voted for Obama in the last presidential election, right? Which was most likely a net total of more people voting for Obama than your entire state did.

You are throwing the baby out with the bath water, you narrow minded bigot.
Quote:Nobody's saying "all southerners are retarded inbred hicks."

Sometimes it seems that way apart from exceptions like Rahul.
http://www.texastribune.org/texas-senate...irds-rule/

You notice that woman they mention in the Article hiding the Democrats? That's my favorite aunt.
...Why are people giving kudos to a post that screamed "prejudice" in a thread that has lacked prejudice? That's like giving kudos to a post screaming "RACIST!" in a thread that is discussing racial demographics in voting...

Seriously, Rahul. Chill the fuck out. You're getting worked up over literally nothing. My state has a teabagger for a governor, you don't hear me screaming and throwing a temper tantrum when people go "Wisconsinites are fucking idiots for electing him," and you know why? Because they're RIGHT, Wisconsinites who voted for him ARE fucking idiots for electing him.

[Image: tumblr_ljd6qpdRTM1qawwqzo1_400.jpg]
(July 6, 2013 at 2:20 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Seriously, Rahul. Chill the fuck out.

I'm totally calm. I don't come off as calm? That's my bad. Sorry guys. I didn't mean that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4353 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Voting Machines Switching Votes in Texas ReptilianPeon 5 940 October 31, 2018 at 8:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Oops. Fucked Up Again, Paul Minimalist 2 579 May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Georgia's 6th Congressional District Election Secular Elf 27 10094 June 22, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BWAHAHA! - They Fucked It Up! Minimalist 52 6854 March 27, 2017 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Democracy is fucked up Zenith 31 8529 February 25, 2017 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Oh Texas! Thump, how do you bear it? Whateverist 15 1582 August 24, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  The Un-united Kingdom is fucked now Edwardo Piet 314 31098 July 4, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Texas looks to follow UK's example T.J. 173 14895 June 28, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dear Georgia...Fuck You and Your Religious Liberty Horseshit Minimalist 23 2623 March 28, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd