Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a interesting thought
Here is a interesting thought
In my matrix thread one of you said God was not a very nice deity because He was 'testing us' and did not ask us if we wanted to be tested..

Then I proceeded to ask a series of questions that got me thinking...

What if He did ask us...

What if..

Every Soul on this planet elected to be here. what if we begged and pleaded to be here for this chance to prove ourselves. or rather to re prove ourselves as loyal to God?

When Lucifer fell from Heaven he did not goto Hell. He fell on Earth, and 1/3 of heaven's population fell with him. Traditional dogma identifies these fallen "angels" as Demons.

My question is what if 'we' are those fallen? In that We have been falling from heaven in every generation since Adam? What if we Begged to have our minds wiped and placed on trial here for a 'life time' to prove that we/our hearts are worthy and will choose God if given the chance?!? That we would turn and rebuke the deceptive teachings of lucifer who tricked us into following him in heaven orginally? Maybe that is why so many bad things happen here, because we live/Are a brood of Demons, who have been given one last chance to seek salvation/forgiveness of our sins... Someone of us really want that forgiveness while others want to create a hell on earth! To live in a world without God.

That is a spooky thought, but I guess it really does not change anything, other than answer the question why or how God can justify an eternity in hell for one life time of sins.. Answer: our sins are not limited to one life time.
RE: Here is a interesting thought
It is a masochistic thought which infringes the notion of self determination and demands submission through creating a guilty conciousness and appealing to it.

It is undemocratic, unreasonable and appealing to nothing but emotion.

As such I reject it.

Ps. It is not an interesting thought. It is something I read about countless times and I believe my statement here is almoust the exact copy of what I read in a book by Christopher Hitchen from a part in which he takes on this (very old) protestant notion.
Hey! I have another interesting thought!

WHAT IF

JUST WHAT IF

YOUR GOD ISN'T REAL

Shock
Why doesn't the Bible mention your theory?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(July 25, 2013 at 1:19 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Why doesn't the Bible mention your theory?

Because, WHAT IF, the writers of the bible were smart enough to know some readers of the bible would be not quite as dumb as drich? Huh? Did you think of that?
(July 25, 2013 at 1:24 am)Chuck Wrote:
(July 25, 2013 at 1:19 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Why doesn't the Bible mention your theory?

Because, WHAT IF, the writers of the bible were smart enough to know some readers of the bible would be not quite as dumb as drich? Huh? Did you think of that?

Oh, silly me!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(July 25, 2013 at 12:54 am)Drich Wrote: My question is what if 'we' are those fallen?

Oh, yes, we are all "fallen", from that heavenly place called vagina Tiger
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(July 25, 2013 at 1:57 am)FifthElement Wrote:
(July 25, 2013 at 12:54 am)Drich Wrote: My question is what if 'we' are those fallen?

Oh, yes, we are all "fallen", from that heavenly place called vagina Tiger

So that's where god is! Confused Fall
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(July 25, 2013 at 1:57 am)FifthElement Wrote: Oh, yes, we are all "fallen", from that heavenly place called vagina Tiger

It must not have been so heavenly, for I exited after nine months. Angel

And I have never been back, not even for a visit.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 25, 2013 at 3:06 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(July 25, 2013 at 1:57 am)FifthElement Wrote: Oh, yes, we are all "fallen", from that heavenly place called vagina Tiger

So that's where god is! Confused Fall
Yeah, and that's why all male homosexuals go to hell, they're too far removed from Him sitting in those vaginas! Big Grin

Wow, and that's also why you're not supposed to whack off! Jesus, it's all starting to make sense to me now!

PRAISE JEEBUS!

(July 25, 2013 at 3:20 am)Maelstrom Wrote: And I have never been back, not even for a visit.
Gay friend of mine has that theory (jokingly) that all heterosexual guys just want to crawl back into the womb, and since we can't, at least we want to get as close as possible Wink
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought your god was keeping you safe rado84 331 28153 April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 16745 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My current religious teacher isn't as good as I thought Der/die AtheistIn 10 1981 November 16, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9821 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  A interesting question dyresand 26 8889 June 23, 2017 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Interesting survey of Evangelical beliefs in USA Bunburryist 33 5534 October 11, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This Is More Complicated Than I Thought. Minimalist 1 1269 May 19, 2016 at 8:55 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My heart is breaking... I thought Christians are suppose to love "unconditionally" kmthang 118 20411 January 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad thought about Jesus. TrueChristian 130 21426 December 25, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Happy thought about Jesus. BrianSoddingBoru4 36 5160 December 23, 2015 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: ignoramus