Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shit Atheist Say To Religious People
Shit Atheist Say To Religious People
<SNIP>

I'm an atheist from Akron Ohio I graduated from North High School in 2011. I attend the University Of Akron for Electronic Engineering Tech. A lot of people ask me why do you always have to criticize religion and I'll respond by saying its the most harmful human invention in history. Religion was useful before the modern age. Human beings are naturally curious we like to find out about the world around us. The people who came up with religion used it to keep people in line and to have them not ask questions of the world around them. 1000 years ago we couldn't explain how "tide go in tides go out" and we came up with Poseidon the ocean god. But thankfully due to modern day science we know how "the tides go in tides go out" (unless your Bill O' Reilly).And like many things from the past Humans no longer find the necessity to need or use such as pay phones and VCR's, religion is one of those things that has outlived its necessity. And religion is fighting back to stay relevant in the 21st century such as tie dye shirts. And we see so many wars and atrocities happen due to people using the banner of religion. And they will respond back by saying atheist do bad things as well. And there right but they don't use there lack of belief as a justification to do bad. I think as a species of intelligent life in a vast universe we need to stop clinging to such primitive and irrational myths.
RE: Shit Atheist Say To Religious People
Welcome to the club buddy
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Good example. Thanks Wink
Quote:Religion was useful before the modern age.

It was no more useful then than it is now. Unless you think the provision of absurd answers is somehow "useful?"

It merely had less competition.

Welcome.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(July 27, 2013 at 5:01 pm)oukoida Wrote: Welcome to the club buddy

Thanks

(July 27, 2013 at 7:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

It was no more useful then than it is now. Unless you think the provision of absurd answers is somehow "useful?"

Welcome.

I understand where your coming from
People like to feel comfortable. Nothing like the possibility of an afterlife to get rid of that fear of dying. Religion, tells people that they're special and many people need that. Welcome to the site.
(July 27, 2013 at 7:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Welcome.

Damn, I was actually going to point this out too, but you got here way ahead of me.

(July 27, 2013 at 3:57 pm)Cholley71 Wrote: And [the religious] will respond back by saying atheist do bad things as well. And there right but they don't use there lack of belief as a justification to do bad.

Let me make this clear: atheists have the same potential to do bad things that anyone else does, but these events are usually isolated events down on the individual level. You're right that their disbelief is generally not the causation of their crimes, but we also should rule that out entirely. Things are never just black and white.

One of the big things that the religious try to pin on us are the bad things Stalin did, since he was an atheist. Even though his atrocities were carried out on a nationwide scale, his behavior was still his own, and many other men and women in Russia should not be held responsible for their leader's actions, much less the modern atheist community. Also, it wasn't his atheism that drove him to these things: he was simply batshit crazy.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1161 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1436 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1948 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2336 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  Having religious friends when you're atheist Bahana 15 2644 March 10, 2019 at 1:37 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11365 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  I like to treat religious people nice. Jeezypete 27 4352 February 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 23481 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 17549 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2873 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris