Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignorance Behind the Seven Deadly Sins
Ignorance Behind the Seven Deadly Sins
There are seven deadly sins in the Holy Bible: Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Envy, Anger, Sloth, and Pride. Well, I agree that some of these can be bad, but how does God know they are bad? God must have had personal experiences with these horrible sins to know what they are like. Maybe God thought to himself "you know, I don't like having these emotions, so I am going to divide them up, call them "sins" and make them forbidden". This video satirizes my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-zi25GgVE

Assuming God knows that the seven deadly sins are evil by his own personal experience, then God is therefore an enormous hypocrite. Could he have lusted for a woman or become angry at someone or something? He also is not all good, either, if he has committed these heinous crimes. I don't know about you, but I sure would not want to worship a hypocrite.

If he doesn't know they are bad from personal experience, then it sounds like he just pulled those seven concepts off the wall because he didn't like the sound of them, and obviously God is not all knowing.

Gotta love logic, don't you think? It is something that Christian fundamentalists don't have much of.
RE: Ignorance Behind the Seven Deadly Sins
Let's see.

Knocked up a virgin, wants all humans in his kingdom, accepts being jealous, wreaks havoc in fits of anger, has done nothing for atleast 2000 years and still wants his ass to be constantly kissed. I'd say that he hits high notes on all 7 of them.
(July 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm)Michael Schubert Wrote: Gotta love logic, don't you think? It is something that Christian fundamentalists don't have much of.

We have more than you do. MS-0 logical thoughts, a Christian 1 logical thought, Christian wins.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
And taking a day off after a mere 6 days of creating? You're omnipotent you lazy slothful shit! What, one universe all you can make? Do you even lift rocks made by you to be so heavy that even you can't lift em, brah?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Jealousy(or envy) is a sin, yet Exodus 20:5 says"I am a jealous god"

Appears he's a fucking hypocrite too.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(July 30, 2013 at 2:43 am)Godschild Wrote: We have more than you do. MS-0 logical thoughts, a Christian 1 logical thought, Christian wins.

You... had a logical thought? When did that happen?!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
.... You do know that the bible does not identify these sins as being any more 'deadly' as any other sin right? In fact it says all sin is the same except one, and it can not be forgiven.

This is the difference between Biblical christianity and the doctrines of christianity created by man. "The seven deadly sins" is a doctrine of man, that has it's roots grounded in a general observation of human behaivor, and not scripture.
(July 30, 2013 at 2:43 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 29, 2013 at 8:26 pm)Michael Schubert Wrote: Gotta love logic, don't you think? It is something that Christian fundamentalists don't have much of.

We have more than you do. MS-0 logical thoughts, a Christian 1 logical thought, Christian wins.

Playground retorts aren't an appeal to logic. If you could defend your point rather than running around playing "smear the queer" then perhaps we would pay you more mind. Why are you, a Christian fundamentalist, more logical in your approach of God than MS's OP?

(July 30, 2013 at 10:31 am)Drich Wrote: .... You do know that the bible does not identify these sins as being any more 'deadly' as any other sin right? In fact it says all sin is the same except one, and it can not be forgiven.

This is the difference between Biblical christianity and the doctrines of christianity created by man. "The seven deadly sins" is a doctrine of man, that has it's roots grounded in a general observation of human behaivor, and not scripture.

The bible is just as made up by man as the doctrine of the Seven Deadly Sins.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
The christian god can't have any pride right? I mean their concept of god does not want to be constantly praised, right? Oh wait, I was wrong and if you don't praise their god, the punishment is eternal suffering. Sure sounds like pride to me.

Then again, why make rules if you do not follow them?

According to dictionary.com, the first definition of pride is a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

Now, I shall wait for the apologists to make excuses about how their god is not capable of being judged, and that their god is above the sins, etc.

The apologists can't even see the hypocrisy in this.

According to the "holy" bible: It wasn't like Jesus didn't question god for forsaking him, right?

Oh wait, I was wrong. Jesus did question god in Psalm 22. Sounds like blasphemy if you ask me, since Jesus had the audacity to question god, sure sounds like irreverence to the holy spirit to me.

If he was so SURE he was the son of god, why even question it?
I think everyone knows this, but I'll say it anyway. There's a simple formula: Any action done without love will ultimately hurt the doer and whoever's around. When was the last time any of the "seven deadly sins" produced long term benefits? Have you ever looked back and thought "I'm glad I was greedy that one time" or "Lust felt awesome back then. I'm going to try it again"? These sins have to do with wanting more than you can get. How can they ever satisfy you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanic Seven Tenets Smedders 0 439 December 29, 2019 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Smedders
  The Satanic Seven Tenets Smedders 0 303 December 29, 2019 at 6:36 am
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 518 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 48136 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Seven Types of Christians Foxaèr 20 6346 May 6, 2018 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What if Jesus died for his own sins? Nihilist Virus 32 5526 August 27, 2016 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2260 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Seven Godly Sins BrianSoddingBoru4 10 2171 March 6, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  [extremely serious]The Truth Behind Christianity. Stephanie113 5 2220 August 19, 2015 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What Exactly Are Sins? Nope 146 20434 July 27, 2015 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus